|Princess Bubblegum| Last Resort

Requested By: crunchycat123

Genre: Cute!Reader

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name

(Y/N)'s POV

"Just wait here, Mr./Ms./Mx. (Y/N)," Peppermint Butler said as I sat down with a nod.

I waved my feet around as I waited patiently, admiring the room.

"Peppermint Butler? What are you doing- No, stop! I'm so close to finding the answer! Wait!" I heard Princess Bubblegum's screams of protests and the sound of metal clanging and a couple of glass breaking.

I poked my head curiously and saw a distressed Princess Bubblegum walking out of the lab along with Peppermint Butler.

Her hair was in a messy bun, and large eyebags were evident on her face. Her lab coat had stains and wrinkles all over.

PB let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair.

When she faced me, surprise was written all over her face.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" she asked, looking down at her outfit.

"Peppermint Butler called me," I smiled as I walked up to her.

She quickly covered herself in her lab coat and took a step back.

"I-I see..." she mumbled, covering her face with her hand.

"U-Um... If you excuse me..." she bowed slightly before running off.

I raised a brow as I looked over to Peppermint Butler.

"Don't mind that," he smiled, standing upright, "The princess has been cooped inside her lab for months now, and I wanted you to help her go outside and get some fresh air."

I hummed in response as I looked in the direction Bubblegum went off.

"Alrighty! A stroll in the gardens might do the trick," Peppermint Butler let out a sigh of relief, "But why me?" I asked as I pointed at myself.

Peppermint widened his eyes slightly, silent for a while as he thought of an answer.

"The princess fancies your company," he simply replied, "And you have the best chances of making the princess go out for once,"

As I hummed to myself, Bubblegum walked out of the hallway, looking refreshed.

"Sorry, you had to see me like that..." she muttered bashfully, but I replied with a shake of my head.

"It's cool! It's kinda interesting to see a different side of you," I reassured as I walked up to her.

Her cheeks became a darker shade of pink as she looked away.

"So! What do you want to do today?" I excitedly asked as I bopped my body.

Bubblegum let out a giggle as she patted my head, "I was hoping I could finish my experiment," I stopped moving at her suggestion.