Chapter 32

Harry's POV

* * * * * * * *

As soon as Grace had first stumbled, I knew that something was wrong and I tried my fucking best to get us both back to the car safely. She hadn't been herself today and I wish I'd done something about it sooner. Words could not describe my panic as I felt her fall - just the memory now was making me feel shaky.

I tapped my foot on the white hospital floor, just as something that would distract me from crying. I'd called Grace's mother and she was on the way here, so was Louis who'd offered to come as support. All the boys knew what had happened. They'd all rushed out when I'd called Louis for help. I didn't know what to do, I was a mess, a fucking mess. I hadn't even called the ambulance, that was Louis, I was just concentrated on keeping my unconscious girlfriend warm and alive.

I don't know how long it took for the ambulance to get there but it seemed like ages. I could swear that I sat there with Grace's head on my lap for hours. I had laid my coat over her body for warmth, my hands held her face gently and every minute or so I would place a kiss to her forehead.

I didn't know if the paparazzi had gone or not, I didn't notice, all I saw was Grace's still body laying in front of me. All I could hear was my heart thudding in my chest and a voice in my head telling me that it's all my fault. Still here, in the hospital, my mind was repeating those same three words over and over again. It's your fault. It's your fault. It's your fault.

"Harry?" my head flicked up to see a confused looking Louis standing at the door, now with an extra bag hung on his shoulder. I stood up and when he spotted me, he walked over and have me a huge hug.

"It's all my fault Lou," I cried into his shoulder, "I've just hospitalised my own girlfriend!" saying it out loud made me feel even guiltier and I almost pinched myself to make sure this wasn't another nightmare.

"It's not your fault, Harry," Louis spoke and he led me down to the chair again, "all that happened was that she fainted and you were stood next to her. If anything, you were the one who helped her." he reassured me, speaking slowly to make sure it all went it. "If you hadn't been there to catch her then she would have just fallen and-" he stopped when I flinched. "sorry." he patted my knee. "I'm sure that she will be just fine." he could probably tell that I wasn't 100% convinced and so carried on, "she's in a safe place now, with people who know how to take care of her properly. She'll be absolutely fine, Haz, there's no need to worry. And definitely no need to blame yourself." I believed his words and nodded. "Alright?" he said with a smile.

"Yeah, cheers Lou." I replied simply.

"Good," he nodded and slapped me on the back a few times. "Now," he unzipped his bag before carrying on, "would you like anything to eat? Drink? A book? An iPad?" he pulled out crisps, cokes, a book and an actual iPad as he spoke.

"I'll have a coke please," I said with a little chuckle. He passed it to me and I opened it straight away, tipping the refreshing liquid down my throat. "Aaah," I sighed after a long swig, "just what I needed."

"Hey Harry, eat a snickers, you get sad when you're hungry." Louis mimicked the snickers advert comically and I laughed, glad that Louis was here, he always put me in a better mood.

I took the snickers bar from him and wiped my eyes before shaking my hair and sorting that out. Once I'd taken a bite from the bar, Louis said in a rather deep, manly voice, "better?"

"Better." I replied, playing along with what he was doing.

We both say there for a while, occasionally speaking but I think we would have both preferred to sit in silence. I felt a bit bad laughing in a hospital when there were other people sitting round feeling the very opposite of happy.