Chapter 44

Grace's POV

***************

Harry and I were squished up closely together in the taxi, both staring out of the window, mouths open in our drunken state. My leg was crossed over his and his hand was squidged in between my thighs, which he'd occasionally squeeze whenever we passed a cool building, pointing at it with the other hand.
I loved how alike Harry and I had discovered we were. Both weirdos really. We have such a great friendship: conversation always flows, we make each other laugh, there's no judgement when it comes to anything - and that goes for tears, laughs, weird habits. Harry was such a genuinely nice person when you got to know him and I was so glad that I had the opportunity to do so. 5 months has flown by and we only have 3 months left together. I can't lie, it does make me feel sad to think I won't be able to spend time with him. I have to remember that this is my job and once a contract is up, it's up, as sad as it is.

His hair tickled my face as he shuffled down in his seat to bury his head in my neck. Him being about a foot taller than me, it didn't really work and he ended up looking like a hunch back which made us both giggle.

"Are you alright down there?" I asked, poking his nose.

He turned his face up before answering, giving me a funny smile. "I'm fine, just tired." He regained his position in my neck and let out a big sigh, the warm air giving me goosebumps. He took his free hand and rubbed my leg with his thumb. "You cold?" I chuckled at him, if only he knew he was the one who caused it.

"A little," I answered, trying to cover it up, and before I knew it he pulled his blazer off of his body and placed it over my front like a blanket. I smiled in thanks, beginning to feel a little tired myself, it must be the alcohol hitting.

"I hope we are almost there because I'm tempted to tell him to reroute and take us home," Harry said, yawning and stretching, putting his arm round my shoulders and bringing me in close. I snuggled up to him, my face right where he must have sprayed his cologne because it smelt really strong. I have to say, good smelling men is my weakness and Harry sure did smell good.

"I was thinking the same thing actually," I replied, pulling his blazer up to my face and smelling it too. It smelt like Harry, like his house, like his washing, like his blankets, like his hair, like Harry.

"We need to go out and get some good pictures for Samantha though," I changed my mood, sitting up and sliding over slightly, making space between the both of us. I need to distract myself from being caught up in Harry. Whatever this alcohol was doing to me wasn't good, I didn't need this at this point.
Reminding myself and Harry of the paid job that I had been given was one way to put me in the correct mindset. I need to prepare myself for tonight and what it is going to happen when there is a lot of alcohol involved, because if I remember last time..we kissed on our own terms and we hadn't really spoken of it since. Personally, that kiss in the bar meant something to me, that night I did feel a connection between Harry and I and as horrible as it sounds, that was the only time. Our picture perfect kiss on Christmas Day was not one that I saw coming, maybe it was the distraction of my Dad coming back or Samantha's constant nagging that put me off, I don't know, but it makes me feel horrible because deep down I know that Harry wanted it. I know Harry and I had more of a friendship, but it was bound to happen when we were spending most days together, kissing, holding hands, being a couple for everyone to see. Whatever happened on that night is not to be repeated tonight, but if I'm honest I didn't trust myself to stick to it. I don't know how Harry brings it out in me or why I do it but I can't help but be flirty with Harry and lead him on.

Thinking about it now, with him sat next to me, clear confusion and slight hurt evident on his face, was I kidding myself? Did I have feelings for Harry that I was confusing with my 'job role' or was it simply habit that was just becoming second nature? Harry brought me comfort and happiness; he was probably the best boy I am ever going to meet, charming, polite, thoughtful. My family loved him, they'd warmed to him so much quicker than they did Luke.