Chapter 22

Harry's POV

* * * * * * * * * *

I stretched up as the applause continued around me.

"Come on we'd better get going," I shook Grace's shoulder.

"Got off me!" she nudged her shoulder away from my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her confused.

"What?" I questioned, pretty offended.

"I said get off me," she repeated, sounding annoyed, "I can get up on my own I don't need help with everything!"

"What the hell, Grace? What have I done?" I was starting to feel pissed now.

She stared at me for a moment before bursting out in laughter. "We've got to start somewhere Harry."

"Fuck you, fuck you." I replied, pointing at her.

"I was joking Harry." she carried on laughing at my gulableness.

"That wasn't funny, I didn't know what I did wrong."

"Oh shut up, you sound like a child." she whacked my chest playfully. I decided to get my own back.

"It's not fucking funny." I shot back, looking deadly serious and wiping the smile off her face.

"Woah Harry, calm down. I already said I was joking." she said, pulling her coat on.

"This is your job, remember. This is how you're earning money. You were the one who signed up for it. It's like any other job and shouldn't be taken like a joke." I knew I had gone too far when I saw her face change.

She closed her eyes as if calming herself down and stormed off without saying another word.

"Shit." I cursed to myself, picking up the rest of the bags. This 'fake' argument wouldn't be as hard as we thought.

Grace was impatiently waiting at the top of the stairs when I finally reached her. She didn't say a word, just snatched the bags she was carrying earlier off of me.

"Grace," I tried but she walked on, "I didn't mean it, honestly.. I just, I, was just, because you said." I sighed and swallowed hard, "I only said it because you said we needed to start somewhere and I was trying to get my own back...and I really didn't mean what I said, Grace, please."

Even if she wanted to reply, which I doubt, she couldn't have because a security guard who worked at the theatre stopped us at the bottom of the stairs. My patience was thin now.

"I'm sorry Mr Styles, we're going to have to stop you both there." he placed a red rope across us, 'stopping' us both from getting past.

"Grace." I tried again when he had walked off. "Grace please." I begged her, "don't ignore me!"

"Again, you sound like a child." she finally replied in a disgusted tone.

I rolled my eyes, stepping up a step away from her to calm myself.

Deep breaths. I thought. I pulled at my hair without noticing.

The heavy footsteps of the security guard echoed down the hallway and I stood up straight.

"Sorry about the wait," he said, showing no sympathy, "there are a few photographers out there but we've tried to clear a path for you both." the tall man told us.

I saw Grace smile at him and I did the same, mumbling a quick, "thank you sir."

As soon as we turned the corner I could see the flashes and my heart sank.