Chapter 43

Harry's PoV

* * * * * * * * * *

Grace still hasn't spoken up after my outburst at her back at my flat. Even the two glasses of champagne she downed before our taxi arrived didn't give her a voice. Maybe I was a little over dramatic but she had ticked me off and I'm not a push over, I won't let her take the piss.

Slamming the door, I saluted at the taxi driver in thanks and made my way over to Grace's side. She was still getting out of the car, the heels proving difficult to walk in - even for a dancer like her - but I'll give it to her, she was a little on the tipsy side.

"You ready?" I questioned, sticking my hand out for her which she grasped straight away.

"Yeah," she said simply, still not looking at me in the eye.

As we made our way to the front door, Grace stopped suddenly, pulling me back as I continued to walk.

"Harry, I'm sorry," she spoke before I had even turned around.

"For what?" I queried because, honestly, I could not feel annoyance towards her and her bright blue eyes.

"Pissing you off, leaving you stranded, not being thankful," but before I could reply she had her hands wrapped round my torso and face buried into my shirt. I stroked her small arms up and down, noticing she had goosebumps and must be cold.

"Its alright, Grace, I know the stress." I replied, holding her at arms length and admiring her beauty. She was wearing a small smile and the loose hairs that framed her face were blowing in the wind. "Come on, lets go and have some fun."

Stepping in the party a wave of hot air and the smell of alcohol hit me. My eyes scanned the large room which was filled with drunken people dancing and yelling. Following Grace closely we found our way to a blonde girl who was dressed in a very tight sparkly dress with large heels on. Looking from Grace to this unknown girl I realised how lucky I'd been with Grace and how much classier she was compared to most of the people in the room.

"Grace, you made it!" I watched as the girl bent down and gave Grace a half hug, being careful to not spill the drink that she was holding in her hand. "I mean the party only started two hours ago but never- Harry!" she stopped her bitching when she saw me and I stuck my hand out for her to shake before she lent in for a hug and undoubtedly covered my new suit in her make up.

"It's great to meet you," she continued, rudely blocking Grace out from the conversation.

"Well, thank you for having us," I said in response, wrapping my arm around Grace's shoulders and pulling her next to me.

"Awww you guys are so sweet!" she joked, leaning forward, pretending to laugh, placing her hand on mine. I awkwardly smiled at her in thanks, moving my hand so we weren't making contact. I needed to make a good impression tonight.
"I'm Amy by the way! So rude of me to not introduce myself gosh I can't believe my manners! Sorry" she leant in for another hug but Grace interrupted it, bless her.

"Do you know where we could get a drink? We've brought this along as a little present, I suppose." Grace told her bluntly, offering Amy the bottle of champagne we had taken.

"Oh that's amazing!" Amy replied, snatching the bottle out of Grace's hands, "I bet this is from you, Harry," she turned to me once again blocking Grace out of the mini circle we'd formed. "I think me and you both know that Grace couldn't possible afford shit like this," she threw her head back laughing, expecting the same response from me but I merely offered her a weak smile. This girl was crazy.

"Let's go," I heard Grace whisper and she pointed in the direction of the drinks.

"She seems nice," I teased sarcastically and Grace gave me a glare, then rolled her eyes when she knew I was joking.