Chapter 37

Harry had responded agreeing that five would be a perfect time. I had his wrapped up Christmas present squeezed tightly between my fingers, my mind still worrying if he will like it or not.

I pulled on a fluffy hat before we walked out which tied in with my jumper that I'd pulled on for extra warmth. I needed as much as I could get in this snowy weather.

As well as excitement, I was also filled with nerves. What will Harry's parents think of me? Will we all get along? Or will it just be two hours of awkward uming and aring?

"Come on then, we're meant to be meeting them in 10 minutes." Mum hurried us all along and out the door.

"I can't wait to meet Gemma!" Milly exclaimed once we were set in the car.

"Well, I can't wait to meet the bloke, since this is the first time I've ever bloody heard a word about him." Dad joked with us all and we giggled along with it.

The Styles' family were already there when we arrived, all looking cosy and Christmassy. Harry and Gemma had on matching scarfs which made me wonder if they were a Christmas present from their Mum or Grandmother maybe? All in all they looked cute.

Harry's face lit up with a smile when he saw me and I gave him a cheesy grin and a wave. When the car had reached a stop, he opened the door for me and I leaped out into his arms.

"Showtime." We whispered in sync - it was something we say often now, everytime we go out in public or see someone who doesnt know about the real us.

He gave me a quick peck on the lips however it turns out not speedy enough for my Dad to miss.

"Oi!" He squeeked, causing Harry and I to pull away. "No snogging in public!" He joked making me laugh.

"I'm Harry, lovely to meet you." Harry spoke up, offering his hand for Dad for shake, obvioisly trying to make a good impression.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Dan," my Dad shook Harry's hand firmly and I couldn't help but crack a smile at how serious they were both being.

"Dan, Lydia, Milly," Harry gestures to my family and I give him a little kick in the leg for forgetting me. "And Grace." He gave me a little wink. "Meet Gemma," Gemma gave a small smile, "Anne and Robin."

After all the introductions, the Dad's naturally started talking about work and so on and the Mum's started gossiping like all mothers do. I checked with Milly to see if she was ok with Gemma but already they seemed to be in deep conversation. That's when Harry pulled me behind them all.

"Merry Chrismas anyway," Harry spoke sweetly, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Merry Christmas to you too Mr charmer."

"How's it going with your Dad?" Harry rubbed my back comfortingly which did actually calm me from the stresses I didn't realise were there.

"No, its going great, yeah he's been fine." I rushed my answer, not being too keen on the subject. "How's it been for you?"

"Oh, you know," he chuckled, itching his chin, "same old family Christmas."

"Lots of rounds of scrabble?"

"Oh yes definately, its not Christmas without scrabble, although my sister introduced a new tradition of charades into our household." Harry grinned.

"I love that game!" I cheered a little over enthusiastically. "The one where you have to act out what's written on the card?" Harry nodded. "I'm great that game, honestly you should see me!"

"No no I believe you, you go to an acting school at the end of the day so you can't be too bad." Harry said, bumping his hip against mine; however with his long legs his hips were half way up my tummy and he hit me straight in the ribs.