Chapter 20

Grace's POV

* * * * * * * * *

"Liam was right. It is lovely here." Harry said, seeming impressed.

"Yes it is. Nice menu too." I complimented.

I was really nervous today. Samantha had said that I needed to keep up my flirty role and today, another date, would be a perfect opportunity to do so.

"So what are you going to order?" Harry asked me with a sweet smile.

"Ermmm.." I breathed out, scanning the long list of beverages. "Hot chocolate is always a winner." I smiled and placed the menu down onto the table.

"Nothing to eat?" He asked, taking a look at the menu himself.

"I'm not very hungry at the moment, no." I responded.

We made small talk until the waitress came over. Harry ordered an orange juice and a jam sandwich and I ordered my hot chocolate.

"You sounded like a baby!" I giggled.

"What? How?"

"And can I have a jam sandwich and an orange juice please." I mocked him.

"Oh shut up. At least I eat." He said in defence.

"What you trying to say?" I shot back defensively.

"Oh shit sorry I didn't mean it like that. I promise, I didn't. Sorry." He apologised. I didn't think Harry would be the kind of person to let something like that slip.

I just shook my head and tried to forget it, making it slightly awkward.

"Don't worry." I sighed. "I get it a lot."

"I'm sorry." Harry said once more.

"Harry you apologise too much. Stop." I instructed, placing a finger on his lips. He poked his tongue out and licked my finger making me pull it away.

...

It was really nice in the cafe. The conversation flowed easily which is always good. But I found I was doing most of the talking; Harry was just staring at me. It was slightly creepy at first but I decided to go along with it because there were probably cameras outside filming us and he wanted us to look real.

I wasn't looking forward to shopping. When Harry asked if I was ready to go I just groaned.

"How about we get some ice cream before we start? Would that cheer up little miss grumpy?" Harry teased, grabbing my hand and pulling me up off the chair.

"Yes please." I played along, grinning like a little child.

We walked out of the cafe and luckily no one was waiting for us, only a few paparazzi on the other side of the road.

"I think there's an ice cream shop on the other side of those buildings." Harry said, pointing to the tall buildings in front of us.

"Leggoooo!" I cheered, grabbing onto Harry's arm and dragging him forwards.

"Harry! Harry! How are you today man?" A pap said, running across the road once it was safe.

"I'm good thanks, you?" Harry replied back, swiping his fingers over his lips.

"Good man, I'm great. How are you Grace?" He asked me, causing me to get slightly nervous. I had never liked talking to strangers, even if they had just been asking for directions.

"I'm fine thank you." I replied shyly, smiling back at the man who had asked.

"Thats great to hear! You know, yous' two are my favourite One D couple!" He exclaimed loudly, some of the other paps agreeing.