Chapter 59: The Spirit World & Escaping the South

???: My name is Vatu

Y/n stood silent staring at the dark creature inside the giant tree. For some unknown reason he felt some kinda connection with the spirit and couldn't put his finger on it, but he put that in the back of his mind. He needs to find Ty Lee

Y/n: Well Vatu, did you see a girl come through here?

Vatu: Hm? Girl? What girl? I didn't see any girl

Y/n can practically hear the mock in Vatu's voice. He started getting irritated with the spirit.

Y/n: I don't have time to play games, tell me where she went!

Vatu: Hahaha! I'm just kidding, the girl you seek was here a moment ago, but she was taken away by another girl in dark robes. They both spoke for a few minutes and left.

Y/n: *thoughts* Rachel *out loud* A few minutes? I just saw her enter the portal and i entered a few seconds later. There's no way they could have a conversation and leave before i came in.

Vatu: Oh your gonna have to get used to that, the spirit world can get very...confusing when it comes to time and space. One minute out there can be a couple hours here or vice versa.

Y/n: Did they say anything about where they would go or at least what they were planning on doing?

The spirit stared at y/n as if contemplating what he should do and decided to speak out after a few seconds.

Vatu: Oh i know what they said, but I'm not gonna tell you.

Y/n: And why is that?

Vatu: Because nothing in this world comes free, if you want something then you'll have to give something in return.

Y/n: *suspicious* And what is it that you want?

Y/n was a little on guard from the spirit and knew that what it wanted was not good. His instincts told him that the spirit cannot be trusted no matter what.

Vatu: Oh It's quite simple, i want you to come over here and place your hand on the tree.

Y/n: You want me to....touch the tree?

Vatu: Yes, as i said it's quite simple

Y/n: O-Okay

Y/n walked to the tree and extended his hand to touch it. He made sure to stay on guard in case something bad happened. When his hand was a few centimeters from the tree's surface y/n felt some kind of suction placed on his hand and his hand got stuck on the tree. Red electricity started arcing off the tree and his hand and then a small flash of light engulfed the area. When the light died down, y/n stepped back from the tree and looked over himself to see if anything bad happened. When he found nothing wrong with him he looked at the dark spirit and couldn't tell if he was pleased or not.

Y/n: There, i touched the tree, now tell me where they went.

Vatu: Fine, i don't know where they went since the girl in the cloak used a dark portal to teleport away. However, i did over hear them talk of a summoning ritual that will happen on the convergence. That they would need a place where there is no one to disturb them and strong source of life.

Y/n: Is that all?

Vatu: That is all

Y/n walked away not paying the spirit any more mind. He decided to fly away and search for Ty Lee and Rachel while in the sky. He looked all over, but couldn't find any one. All he found were strange creatures roaming around and strange trees and plants all over the place. He landed near a small oasis.