Chapter 61: Domains

Currently, y/n was flying above the ocean trying to find Korra's energy signature. He's been searching all night for her and hasn't sensed her presence yet.

Y/n:KORRA!!!

He's resorted to screaming out her name to try and find her, but he still couldn't find her. Y/n found a small island that seemed deserted so he landed on it and decided to take a rest.

Y/n: *sigh* What am i going to do? I can't sense Korra anywhere.

Y/n couldn't find an answer and decided to meditate. Y/n has been training his abilities since he got his memories of his childhood and adventures with the z-fighters. So far he likes to assume he's more powerful than the time he fought against Zamasu and is safe to say that he can probably beat him this time around.

As for his divine abilities, he's discovered he can do many great things from reading the books that Whis supposedly gave him. Although, he can't use most of the powers for some reason.

???: Probably because I'm the one keeping you from using those abilities.

Y/n sprung up and looked around and spread his senses to look for the voice that seemed familiar.

Y/n: Who's that?! Who's there?!

???: Come now, did you already forgot about me?

Suddenly, y/n's sight changed and he was in his mindscape once again and standing in front of the giant dragon from before.

Y/n: It's you

Dragon: Yes it's me, have you already forgotten about me?

Y/n: Well no, it's just that i had other things to worry about so i didn't bother thinking about you for a while.

Dragon: Hmph, well I'm here now and i just want to tell you that since you are still dabbling with your new abilities. I should let you know that I'm the one that's keeping you from using most of your abilities.

Y/n: What?! Why?!

Dragon: Because you still haven't beaten me that's why!

Y/n: Why do i have to beat you to use MY abilities?

Dragon: You still don't get it do you? Every god must go through a journey or complete a task to prove that they have the right to use their power. A god can't just ask for a power and get it without proving their worth.

Y/n: So i have to prove I'm worthy of using the power of a god?

Dragon: That's right, your previous battle with your younger self was to see if you have the drive to take this power. If you didn't want the power or your memories and were just contempt with being in this world and staying here then we would just fade away into obscurity. You proved yourself to your younger self and had passed his test.

Y/n: Well that's good to know, but what about you? What test will you give me?

Dragon: ....I want to see if you are willing to suffer for this power.

Y/n: W-What?

Dragon: This power that you will be receiving will make you go through a lifetime of pain and suffering. You don't know it yet, but the domains that you will receive are very evil in nature. I have withheld this power for that very reason. If you accept your godhood then you must do what your domains inscribe.

Y/n: What do you mean?

Dragon: I'll give you some examples: If you become the god of honor then you must be honorable. If you become the god of truth then you must always be truthful...If you become the god of death then you must always kill.