Chapter 18: Tartarus

We now see y/n in Los Angeles California standing in front of a building with the sign, DOA recording studios. It's been a day since he asked Hestia for directions to Tartarus and y/n made sure he was prepared for anything to come.

Y/n: Well here goes nothing

He then walks into the studio and sees ghosts or spirits sitting in the lobby waiting. Some of the people look like their wearing old clothes from the 40's and 50's while some are wearing armor from the middle ages.

Y/n walks over to the desk and speaks to a man with dark skin, white hair, with glasses and wearing an expensive Italian suit.

Y/n: Hi are you Charon?

The man looks up to y/n and then gets a sinister grin on his face. He looks y/n up and down and sees that he's still alive.

Charon: Sure thing kid, but you don't look dead. So why are you here, need to use the restroom? Hehehehe~

Y/n was a little creeped out by this, but he has a promise to keep.

Y/n: I want to travel to the underworld

Charon: Hm, you want to go to the underworld willingly? You should know that it's a death sentence to go down there. I can't in good conscience let you go-

Then y/n dropped a large bag of Drachma onto the desk and let the coins rain down over the counter on Charon's side.

Charon: Welcome to the Underworld, right this way.

He then lead y/n to the elevator behind the desk and hopped on not before pushing and scaring all the spirits away from the elevator to make sure they don't get on.

Charon: Free loaders, can't take the hint that they are staying here for a long time, hehehehe~

Then the elevator started to shift and change it's shape into a boat on the river. Charon also changed and looked like a skeleton in a shroud holding an oar to pattle the boat down the river. Y/n looked over the side and saw the river was polluted with junk.

Y/n: Why is the river so dirty?

Charon: Those you see there are the dreams of all the people that have come through here. When someone dies without achieving their dream then they dump it here because they have no chance of achieving it now that their dead.

Y/n: I see

The ride went on for an hour or so through twists and turns through ruins of old buildings and wails of the damned. They finally made it to the bottem and they heard a growl.

Charon: Looks like he's hungry again. I hope you brought some raw meat for him.

Y/n: It's okay and here.

He tosses another sack of Drachma to Charon.

Charon: Thanks kid, your alright

He then disappears and goes back to the surface to continue his duties. Y/n walks on the shore to where he heard the growl and saw that the spirits were scared to go through. Y/n made it to the end of the shore and saw why they were scared, a 50 meter tall Rottweiler with three heads was growling and snarling at all the spirits walking by.