Chapter 1

Doyoung wasn't in a good mood, but he wasn't particularly in a bad mood either that could stop him from feeling the worst considering the situation at hand.

No, Doyoung wasn't liking where things were going.

Doyoung woke up in his room as usual. Not a very sound sleep, but not bad either. He freshened up and got down to have his breakfast. Their house butler greeted him politely, to which he scoffed.

"Jaehyuk Hyung, how many times do I have to tell you? Just treat me like your dongsaeng already!" Doyoung said, sitting on his chair near the massive dining table.

The butler, going with the name Yoon Jaehyuk shook his head, "It's my duty, Doyoung-nim."

"Whatever!" Doyoung mumbled before the maid placed his breakfast in front of him. Doyoung never liked the unwanted attention from the maids or the butler. He liked every one of them and treated them like friends. But being the second son of a successful CEO who happened to have a large duplex building full of workers has its own downsides.

And being treated formally every time is one of them.

Doyoung looked at the breakfast in front of him. Toasted bread, accompanied with jam, peanut butter, ham and a soft-boiled egg. A glass full of warm milk, and a glass full of orange juice. Beside them, grapes and an orange were seen. Hot coffee was also present aside from all those.

"Hyung! Why do they always give me so many items?" Doyoung whined, "A piece of bread with Nutella is enough for me! And coffee. That's it!"

"You need to eat well to stay healthy." The butler replied.

"But when was I ever able to finish my breakfast? It's just waste of food, nothing else!" Doyoung exclaimed. Jaehyuk shrugged, "We cannot but obey what your father wishes, Doyoung-nim."

Sighing, Doyoung started eating. Most of the food were left untouched, as Doyoung ate very little. Even though the butler insisted, Doyoung didn't care enough.

That day was a holiday and so, without worrying about school, Doyoung returned to his room. He plopped down on his fluffy king sized bed and started surfing through his phone. To spend the holiday better, he called a few friends to make plans. But he was disappointed as most of them had something else to do. Sighing, and going through his phone a few more minutes, Doyoung got up. He went to the mirror and checked his face.

"Ah! I have to take care of my skin!" He thought as the usual glowing skin of his seemed dull. He took out a face mask and put the wet mask on his face. Before doing so, he tied his fluffy red hair in a little ponytail that stood upright near the front of his head.

Taking a random manga from his shelf, he decided to lay down on his bed and go through it. But soon, he got bored.

Reading was never his forte.

So, he went to the piano that shone in its own glory near the window of one corner of his room. Pulling the seat in front of it, he sat down. He randomly played some keys before trying to create the half-done melody of his own, that he randomly invented few days back.

The melody took his mind away from everything.

He was so engrossed in playing the piano that a knock on his door took him off guard. Internally cursing the person behind the door, Doyoung stood up and opened it.

And his irritation just went up, because standing behind the door was none other than his own dad.

"Oh! Doyoung, you seem to take care of your skin a lot lately!" His father sarcastically said, watching the mask and ponytail on Doyoung. Doyoung didn't care though.

"I would like to see you down in the living room in a few minutes." His father smiled at him, before going away. Doyoung closed the door and bit his lips with knitted brows. His father usually sent the butler or a maid to call him if he needed to talk to him. Why did he come in person this time?

However, not thinking much, Doyoung dumped the mask in trash can and washed his face. Fixing his hair, he went downstairs.

He saw his father waiting for him on the couch. The butler standing beside it along with another shorter guy.

'Must be a new worker here.' Doyoung thought as he took the seat on another couch in front of the one his father sat on.

"You called me?" Doyoung said. His father still had that funny smile on his face.

"Yes, I wanted to introduce you to this boy over here." His father pointed at the one beside the butler.

"Hi, I'm Bang Yedam." The guy said, smiling.

Doyoung crossed his brows again. He heard the name before, but couldn't remember.

"Hi," Doyoung shortly said.

"So, Why is it important to let you two meet is because, Yedam will be staying here from today." His father said. Doyoung still didn't understand why he should know this. Because if Yedam was yet another worker, he eventually would know. Why the formal introduction?

"I hope we can get along well." Yedam said. Doyoung raised a brow.

"I guess you're not aware of what you two have in common." Mr. Kim spoke again, attaining Doyoung's attention, "Yedam is your step brother, Doyoung."

Doyoung's face was glowing after applying the mask, but hearing what his father said, his face only became reddish in anger.

"What??" Doyoung spoke out loud, "Why is he staying here??"

"He deserves to be here as much as you do." Mr. Kim calmly said, not losing a bit of the irritating smile on his face.

"No, he doesn't. He isn't legally your son!" Doyoung's fury raised up, "his mother is just your mistress!" he spoke aloud.

The atmosphere seemed to get a bit heavy. Jaehyuk gulped, sensing an enraged answer from Doyoung's father. Yedam flinched as well.

"Yedam will stay two doors apart from your room. I hope you can get along with him well." Mr Kim said, gritting his teeth, still not losing his cool. Saying this, he stood up and went towards his own room, not letting Doyoung say anything else and leaving him burning with anger.

"What the fuck, Jaehyuk hyung??" Doyoung shouted after his father went away, "How the fuck am I supposed to accept it?"

Jaehyuk looked at Doyoung with sorrowful eyes. He could understand Doyoung's frustration. Of course, watching your father favouring the son of his mistress over you isn't acceptable. Not when both his legal wife and one of his sons already cut ties with him.

"I'm so sorry, Doyoung, my hands are tied." Jaehyuk bowed, greeting Doyoung informally just to let him know how sincere he was being. Doyoung's eyes teared up at that.

"You, don't you feel ashamed?" Doyoung spat at Yedam, who was standing still, witnessing everything.

"I-" Yedam started, but Doyoung didn't even let him speak, "Stop! You clearly don't!"

Saying this, Doyoung stood up.

"I'm gonna go to mom's house." Doyoung told Jaehyuk as he rushed towards the door. Jaehyuk nodded. He was no one to stop Doyoung, not when he needed to go meet his loved ones.

After Doyoung left, Jaehyuk turned towards Yedam. Yedam's eyes looked sad, but he seemed determined.

"Come with me, Yedam-nim. I'll show you your room." Jaehyuk greeted Yedam.

And Yedam followed him silently.