Chapter 4

It didn’t take a genius to see how Doyoung was boiling with anger as his eyes laid upon the attire of his supposed step brother. Because, well, they were wearing the same school uniform.

“Jaehyuk hyung! What the hell is going on!? Why is he wearing the same uniform as mine?” Doyoung screamed.

After Yedam’s arrival, Doyoung spent the previous day with his mother and brother, so, naturally, he was happy. But the moment he returned home, the annoying face of the newcomer ruined his mood in an instant. He screamed in frustration once he went inside his room and immediately called his friend to rant mindlessly. However, he was a fool to think that everything would be better the next day.

“Don’t tell me, he’d be joining my school!” Doyoung widened his eyes as Jaehyuk took time to answer him. The butler was hesitant to answer in fear of hurting the boy even more, but he couldn’t do anything because it was Mr. Kim’s wish. Helpless, he nodded in agreement after a while.

“This is outrageous! Totally ridiculous!” Doyoung kept on ranting, “First my home, now my school! Can I not breathe peacefully without having him near me??” he kept yelling, not minding Yedam who was standing beside his chair with disbelief playing in his eyes.

“Calm down, Doyoung nim.” Jaehyuk started, “He won’t be in the same class as you. You won’t even meet him during the school hour. It wouldn’t even feel like he’s in your school, trust me!” he spoke in a low voice, but Yedam still heard everything.

‘I already knew living here would be hard, still why does it hurt so much?’ Yedam thought.

Doyoung heard what Jaehyuk said and seemed to calm down at that. But, when he noticed Yedam sitting down in order to have breakfast on the huge dining table, he started losing his patience.
Because, Yedam’s seat was right in front of his own seat.

“Oh look! I will have to face him when I eat my meals as well!” Doyoung sarcastically said, “And to think I won’t lose my appetite seeing his face!”

Doyoung’s rudeness even made Jaehyuk flinch, let alone Yedam. Clenching his jaw, Yedam talked back for the first time.

“Then don’t eat.”

Doyoung’s mouth fell open. He glanced at Jaehyuk for any sign of opposition, but he didn’t say anything. So, Doyoung stormed upstairs, got his backpack and without paying any heed to the resistance Jaehyuk created to stop him from leaving unfed, he rushed outside.

Yedam was angry, yes. But watching Doyoung skipping his meal and also leaving his lunch box made him feel guilty.

‘Damn Yedam! You very well know why he’s upset. Can’t you control yourself for a little while?’ Yedam had thoughts like that as he himself stood up, without finishing his meal.

“Yedam nim, not you too!” Jaehyuk looked at Yedam with desperation. Yedam raised up his hand to assure the butler, “Don’t worry, hyung. I am taking the food with me.”

Jaehyuk saw Yedam putting peanut butter on a bread for him, making a sandwich by placing another bread on top of the buttered bread. He also took both the lunchboxes from the table before putting them in his bag. Yedam asked for a plastic bag to put the sandwich there and a middle aged maid handed that over to him. Bowing politely after receiving what he wanted, Yedam left the house as well.

He noticed Doyoung immediately. Standing in front of the car, talking on his phone with someone.

‘Probably badmouthing me again.’ Yedam thought. However, since guilt crept in him, he decided to shake the negative feeling off him as he approached Doyoung.