Chapter 14

"Please, please... aren't you my best friend, Jeongwoo??" Doyoung was basically giving Jeongwoo puppy eyes while chasing him all through the school periods. Jeongwoo, who was trying hard to let Doyoung off his tail only to fail miserably, was running out of patience.

"But I don't want to!!" He whined. Doyoung wasn't one to let go either. "Look, I'd be super lonely without you there!"

"You won't! You'll have Yedam hyung to accompany you there!" Jeongwoo reasoned. The sole reason Doyoung was begging Jeongwoo was because his father planned to arrange a party with business people at their place. Doyoung was used to such parties since he saw them from childhood, but that didn't mean he couldn't hate those gatherings. In fact, he truly despised such parties, because everyone just showed off their companies, status or their successful children. And the more he grew up, the more he understood just how fake everyone was. Not to mention, he always got bored by watching all those bragging. However, this time, his father allowed him to bring any friend of his if he wished. And yes, that's why he targeted his best friend, because well, why suffer alone?

"Come on! You know I don't talk to him that much!" Doyoung made an excuse as Jeongwoo mentioned his step brother. It was true that he was in talking terms with Yedam and he would have to lie if he said he didn't enjoy Yedam's company... but to make Jeongwoo attend the party, he had to be petty.

"Pfft!" Jeongwoo scoffed, "As if I haven't seen you clinging onto him at the campsite at night!" he rolled his eyes. Doyoung immediately felt embarrassed. Apparently, when he was asleep on Yedam's shoulder that night, his best friend saw them once he came outside to get some air. And he'd been teasing Doyoung about it ever since.

"Woo!" Doyoung whined. He almost ran out of ideas... but, almost! Because he had a good one left.

"If you attend today's party with me, I'll let you learn playing guitar from Yedam hyung!" Doyoung offered, wiggling his brows. And as expected, Jeongwoo's eyes sparkled for a split second. It had been his wish ever since he heard Yedam play guitar the first time. But he didn't for the sake of Doyoung. Now that Doyoung himself was offering him the scope, how could he let it go to waste? Even if it meant he would have to hear how some selfish businessmen boast about their lives, he would gladly do so. And since Doyoung knew that, he grinned.

-

Sweating hard even when he was in a taxi, Jeongwoo realized that wearing suit in summer was a bad idea. But he had no choice, since wearing formal dresses were mandatory for the party Doyoung lured him in. He kept wiping off the beads of sweat on his forehead with napkins and regretting his decision to join the party just for the sake of guitar...

His regret only escalated when a sparkling Doyoung clung onto his arms.

"Yay!! Woo! You look gorgeous!" he exclaimed. Jeongwoo rolled his eyes. He knew Doyoung was pampering him.

"I'm looking like a sweaty freak right now!" he complained.

"Come on! You're gonna cool off in minutes! This place is air conditioned." Doyoung reasoned, "And thanks for coming here to accompany me!" Doyoung winked.

"Shut up! I'm not here because of you!" Jeongwoo glared at Doyoung but Doyoung only gave him a playful flying kiss to which Jeongwoo scoffed.

Jeongwoo did cool down after a while. He went along with Doyoung and observed the decoration. He realized why Doyoung disliked these parties. There seemed to be no purpose behind these except for selfish profit-making agendas.

But Jeongwoo felt happy as soon as he noticed a short guy in azure suit, busy surfing his phone on one of the sofas.

"Yedam hyung!" Jeongwoo called. Doyoung noticed Yedam at that call too.