Chapter 25

After Doyoung and Yedam's heavenly performance ended, the response they received was huge. And yes, Haruto had a major contribution behind all those screaming.

The programme continued but Haruto seemed to lose interest. Rather, he was looking for someone to walk out of the backstage asap.

He didn’t have to wait long, because both Yedam and Doyoung walked towards the audience soon. They already changed into comfortable clothes  but as they also wanted to see the programme fast, none of them wasted time by removing the makeup.

And for Doyoung, it was a mistake because Haruto couldn’t take his eyes off from the pretty look on him.

Jeongwoo quickly waved at Doyoung who noticed his best friend soon. Gesturing at Yedam, Doyoung walked into the row where Jeongwoo sat. Two seats were reserved for them beside Jeongwoo.

As they were walking past the students sitting down, they received lots of compliments. Smiling and thanking them, the two finally reached their seats. Doyoung sat down beside Jeongwoo and Yedam sat down beside Doyoung.

“Great job!” Jeongwoo sounded happy as he said that to Doyoung and Yedam. Both of them looked at him at that. And since Haruto had his face turned towards Doyoung, both saw the Japanese.

Doyoung’s eyes darkened but Yedam’s ones were even more shady. Both of them fell silent after noticing the taller boy, and it prevailed until the little tea break was announced. Jeongwoo and Junghwan did talk to each other, but they kept the sound low.

Doyoung wanted to skip the tea break, since he didn’t want to be near Haruto, but Jeongwoo requested him after explaining what happened. Since no one was at fault, Doyoung reluctantly agreed. Yedam could’ve skipped though, since he had his own friend circle, but he didn’t want to leave Doyoung with Haruto again. So, he tagged along.

The five of them found a table of six, four chairs face to face along the length of the table and two more face to face along the width. Jeongwoo took one of the single chairs, Haruto stood opposite to Yedam and Junghwan stood opposite to Doyoung. Haruto and Doyoung was thus crisscrossed.

The silence was still prevailing, but Haruto broke it.

“So, you all might wonder why I'm here today,” he grabbed everyone's attention, “Well, I'm here to apologise to Jeongwoo.” Junghwan, who didn’t know what happened behind his back, nodded.

Jeongwoo was startled, true, but he knew Haruto wasn’t being truthful. Well, at least, completely.

“Really?” Doyoung mocked. Haruto nodded, “Yes, as I already said, I didn’t want to hurt him in any way. If my actions misled him, I'm truly sorry.”

Jeongwoo was a bit surprised because Haruto sounded quite sincere. Still, he saw the bad side of Haruto once, leading him not to trust the boy again.

“So, you’re telling me you aren’t here for Doyoung?” Jeongwoo raised a brow, “Because you could have found any day and any place to apologiseto me, but you chose this.”

Yedam, who was keenly observing everything, clenched his jaw at that. And Doyoung just looked annoyed.

“If you look at it that way, yes, I wanted to see Doyoung too, considering how pretty he looks in that makeup,” Haruto said, looking straight at Doyoung’s face. Yedam had to breathe in to control himself at that. “But my main intention is to seek for your forgiveness for my attitude beforehand, Jeongwoo.” Haruto continued as he shifted his gaze at Jeongwoo.

“Hyung, Ruto hyung is really sorry I guess,” Junghwan told Jeongwoo, “I have never seen him apologising like this to anyone. So, can you forgive him this time?” Junghwan spoke. Both Yedam and Doyoung looked at Jeongwoo.