Chapter 15

Lying flat on bed wasn’t something Doyoung was too fond of, but he had to, because he was just feeling too lazy to do anything else. Being lazy however, didn’t stop him from feeling bored. On a holiday where people usually went to have fun, there Doyoung was, lying on his stomach flat on the bed. He didn’t even feel like visiting his mom or hyung, didn’t even surf his phone, no piano and obviously no studies. For a while, he enjoyed the nothingness, but he soon became bored.

Debating internally whether to get up or not, Doyoung’s boredom became unbearable and so, he stood up after lying down for almost an hour of doing nothing. He looked at his closet. He didn’t want to dress up. But to get over the boredom, he needed to talk to someone. He remembered his butler, but he didn’t want to walk downstairs. So, an easy solution came in his mind.

Doyoung stood in front of Yedam’s room and knocked on his door thrice. He received no response though. So, he turned the knob and opened the door.

The room was empty.

Groaning, Doyoung sloppily walked downstairs finding no other way.

First, he looked for Jaehyuk. But a maid informed him that Jaehyuk had gone to the garden for a bit. So, he went to his second option and asked the maid about his step brother.

“Yedam nim is in the kitchen.” She replied. Confused, Doyoung tried to find out why Yedam would be in the kitchen first thing in the morning. Was he cooking something?

The loud noise of a blender coming out of the kitchen welcomed him. Wondering, he walked inside and found Yedam working with various fruits, sugar and water.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Doyoung asked. He was clearly surprised because Yedam had at least five glasses filled with different kinds of fruit juice.

“Oh, Doyoung!” Yedam was a bit taken aback, “hi.”

Doyoung walked closer and observed the kitchen. Yedam was indeed invested in making fruit juice.

“Why are you making these?”  Doyoung asked.

“Um... I just feel like it!” Yedam hastily replied. Doyoung crossed his brows.

“Really?” he was sceptical.

“Yeah!” Yedam confirmed. He sounded forced though. “No other reason! I just wanted to make all of them!”

“O-kay!” Doyoung was somehow convinced. Yet, he kept on observing Yedam.

“So, Doyoung,” Yedam started a while later, “Why don’t you taste all of these??” he gave Doyoung a toothed grin.

“Eh? Why should I?” Doyoung asked.

“Well, I wanna know how I did in making them, so, since you’re here already, why don’t you taste them and let me know?” Yedam reasoned. Doyoung shrugged but without denying again, started tasting them. He took a single sip from each one of them. Well, until he reached the glass of watermelon juice. He sipped twice from it and Yedam, who was closely observing him, smirked at that.

“All of them are okay, I guess,” Doyoung spoke after he finished tasting each of them.

“But you liked watermelon juice the best, right?” Yedam questioned, holding the glass of red watermelon juice.

“Yeah, it tasted good.” Doyoung said. Yedam quickly handed him the glass, “drink it, then.”

“Are you giving this to me?” Doyoung asked.

“Yeah, I do have to make people finish all these, right? Or else they'd go to waste.” Yedam replied.  “Quick! Finish your drink and help me deliver them to the maids and Jaehyuk hyung.”