Chapter 33

During the second session of the movie, Jeongwoo was fidgeting a lot. He had a confession to make to Doyoung, which he already talked about with Yedam, but he was still quite scared.

The whole movie ended with Jeongwoo feeling quite uneasy. However, the movie was great and all of them enjoyed it to be honest.

“Ahh such a great movie!” Doyoung exclaimed, stretching his limbs which became numb as Yedam’s head rested on them.

“No wonder because the great Kim Junkyu chose it!” Junkyu flexed and earned a chuckle from everyone. Well, everyone except Jeongwoo.

“Everything alright?” Doyoung whispered to his best friend as he noticed the unusual behaviour of the younger.

“Uh... erm...” Jeongwoo was out of his wits for a while, but Yedam helped him, “I think he has something to say to you.”

Doyoung crossed his brows together, but put a hand on Jeongwoo’s knees to assure him, “What is it, Woo?”

Jeongwoo glanced at everyone. All four pairs of eyes were on him, making him a bit nervous. Maybe Jihoon realized that.

“You want us to give you privacy?” Jihoon asked. But to his surprise, Jeongwoo shook his head, “It’s okay. You can stay, hyung.” Then he paused, took in a deep breath.

“I am in a relationship.” He let go of a puff of air.

Doyoung’s eyes widened and his mouth fell open for a split second. Then he composed himself and let out a bunch of hyped-up questions, “What!? With whom?? From when? Why didn’t I know before if you already liked him?? Woo when did you start having secrets from me??” obviously, more than being curious, he sounded hurt.

Jeongwoo quickly hugged him and started speaking, “We got together only yesterday, that too at night. And obviously you knew I liked him!”

Junkyu and Jihoon was witnessing the whole scene without a clue, while Yedam, whom Jeongwoo told everything before the movie session started, was looking at his lover cautiously. Doyoung set himself free from the hug and angrily looked at Jeongwoo, “Why didn’t you tell it to me last night, hmm? Also, you never said you liked anyone!”

“I did.” Jeongwoo insisted. Doyoung became confused again. “No you did not!” But then he thought even deeply. It seemed as if the gears in his head were spinning. Yedam couldn’t but find Doyoung super cute.

“You didn’t mention anyone but Haruto recently, Woo... but you can’t be with him...so, who is it?” Doyoung asked again. Jeongwoo kept staring at Doyoung with a bit of fear in his eyes. Yedam gestured something to him and Doyoung caught that.

“You didn’t mean Haruto, did you?” Doyoung asked in a weird tone. Jeongwoo looked here and there and then slightly, ever so slightly, nodded.

“Why Jeongwoo? Why out of all people did you choose that-" Doyoung would have said some bad things about Haruto but Yedam was quick to stop him, by squeezing him hard on the thigh.

“I know you don’t like him... but...” Jeongwoo fidgeted with his fingers, it made Doyoung soften up, “It’s my choice, so... maybe accept it?”

“I would have stopped you had I known before,” Doyoung spoke in a heavy tone, “but you already are in a relationship with him, so it’s okay. I accept it, Woo.” His tone became softer near the end.

“As a part of celebration for your 18th birthday, let’s cheer them on for their new beginning!” Jihoon said in order to lighten the mood. It actually worked, as both Doyoung and Jeongwoo spared some chuckles.