Chapter 9

After finishing the hectic school day, Doyoung just wanted some coffee. And Jeongwoo, being the sweet friend he is, accompanied Doyoung towards the cafeteria near their school. They both took a drink for their own. But while stepping out, Jeongwoo noticed someone sitting on one corner of the cafe. He tapped Doyoung on the shoulder to get his attention.

“Isn’t that Yedam hyung?” Jeongwoo pointed at the familiar figure on the corner. Doyoung nodded.

“Yeah, he might take a bus and go home now.” Doyoung said. He remembered their deal about faking the field trip in a normal school day.

“Why? Doesn’t he take the car with you?” Jeongwoo asked. Doyoung shook his head.

“Not my house! Today, he’ll be going to his mother’s house.” He reasoned. Jeongwoo still looked curious.

“We’re pretending that today is our field trip day so that Jaehyuk hyung can have a day off with his boyfriend on his anniversary ” Doyoung clarified, “So, to avoid any suspicion, we'll have to go home after evening.”

“Ah", Jeongwoo spoke, understanding the situation, “So, he'll visit his mother in the mean time, right?” Doyoung nodded.

Without letting Doyoung protest, Jeongwoo immediately took a walk towards Yedam. Doyoung watched Jeongwoo in disbelief for a while, but followed him nonetheless.

“Hi, Yedam hyung!” Jeongwoo called, “I heard you’re gonna visit your mom today?”

Yedam turned his head upon hearing his name and smiled widely watching Jeongwoo and Doyoung.

“I wanted to, but turns out, I can’t.” Yedam sadly said. Both Jeongwoo and Doyoung looked confused at that.

“Why?” Doyoung asked.

“The distance is huge. It will take hours to reach there. I can’t possibly come back tonight if I go to her.” He spoke. His tone was really sad.

“That’s too bad!” Jeongwoo said, “What are you gonna do now?” he asked.

“I don’t know... maybe I'll just wait here.” Yedam pointed at the table in front of him. He already had his books out. He was probably planning to study there. But Jeongwoo didn’t seem to like it. He nudged and whispered to Doyoung.

“He’s doing it for you! Don’t you think you have to take responsibility?” he whisper yelled to Doyoung. Doyoung just kept staring at the books on the table.

-

Junkyu looked at the people outside the door to his house. His jaw was clenched together, hands in fists. A steady yet strong sense of anger developed inside him.

“Hyung, I will explain to you later,” Doyoung said, watching the mad look in his brother’s eyes, “just let Yedam hyung in this once.” Jeongwoo, who was beside him, nodded vigorously. Yedam tried to look unbothered, but he was also feeling very nervous and unwanted.

Junkyu glared at Doyoung, but his expression softened at the latter’s pleading eyes. So, he stood away from the door and made way for the three boys on the door to enter inside.

Doyoung, Jeongwoo and Yedam slowly entered inside. Junkyu shut the door and went upstairs, in his own room. Doyoung quickly followed him.

“Umm... don’t mind them, hyung.” Jeongwoo spoke awkwardly. Yedam just smiled and said, “Yeah, I know. It’s fine.” While he was going through mixed emotions.

‘Was it a bad idea to tag along with Doyoung once he asked me to come to his brother’s house?’ He kept thinking that way.

Doyoung came down soon after and gestured Yedam to follow him. He unlocked the guest room and showed Yedam inside.