Chapter 3

Never in his life did Yedam imagine he'd be packing his things and leave his mom, the only companion throughout his whole life, all alone. That too, with someone he recently came to know as his biological father.

The car that came to pick him up was indeed a high profile one. Mr. Kim came out of the car to take Yedam with him. Two other men, whom Yedam assumed as a driver and an assistant of Mr. Kim, helped load his bags while he was having the moment of farewell with his tearful mother.

The car ride was quiet. Mr. Kim did talk to Yedam every now and then. But mostly, Yedam took the silence in to think how to adjust with the new life ahead of him.

When the car started taking turn to enter inside the big metallic gate, Yedam glanced at the building inside. Surprisingly, it wasn’t a huge one, but the elegance was huge. Yedam turned his head as much as possible to look around him through the car window. Everything was clean, pretty and of course well decorated.

When he attempted to take his bags, Mr. Kim forbade him saying his people would take those to his room. Obedient, Yedam nodded. Mr. Kim then took Yedam along to give him a tour around the building. Yedam was a bit surprised as the CEO himself was taking the trouble of introducing him to the new abode of his.

“And this is the garden that I love. Even though I can’t come here often, I still love to look at it from afar.” Mr. Kim spoke as he guided Yedam in front of the garden. Yedam looked at the collection of flowers with awe. The garden was undoubtedly huge. And a lot of species of flowers were present there. What made it more interesting to look at the vast flower field is that it was arranged colour wise. The two ends started with shades of purple, then blue, then through green, yellow, white orange, red, and finally, pink in the middle. The size of the plants was also considered, as large and small plants were separately decorated in nearby beds.

"You should love it, it's beautiful!" Yedam's eyes shined. Mr. Kim smiled. He gestured Yedam to follow him to walk into the house.

And the house, Yedam didn’t know where to start. The entrance wasn’t as elegant, rather modernized. As he could tell from the outside, the house wasn’t big, but was neatly decorated. Right in front of the door, a woven carpet was seen. The design went so well with the decors that he couldn’t but look at it. On the other end of the huge carpet, there were huge sofas. One can easily lie down on them, each of them looked so comfy and fluffy as well. The stairs were spiralled, Yedam guessed he would live up there, as he could see lots of doors which he assumed belonged to the family members.

“Let me introduce you to my youngest son.” Mr. Kim said as he gestured Yedam to take a seat and went upstairs.

“So, you’re Mr. Kim's second son!” someone called from behind Yedam. Yedam looked back and bowed. The person bowed back. He was tall, had a slim figure and a small face. His big round eyes and smiling lips made his face so welcoming.

“I'm the house butler, Yoon Jaehyuk. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Yedam nim.” The man bowed again.

Yedam felt a chill as he was addressed so formally. But he guessed it’s a noble people’s thing, so he didn’t say anything. Soon enough, he saw Mr. Kim getting down the stairs.

“Doyoung would be here soon.” He said, as he sat on the couch. Yedam fidgeted with his fingers a bit. He was really nervous about how his step brother would take him.

He heard footsteps and looked up. He saw a small and thin boy, with pretty red hair and a fair glowing skin getting downstairs. He probably was a bit taller, but he looked pretty weak. However, Yedam could clearly tell that the boy was indeed a rich kid, looking at his expensive attire.