Chapter 5

Even though Doyoung had so many people to accompany him at home, none was as close to him as their butler, Yoon Jaehyuk. Being close to Doyoung's age, Jaehyuk had been his only 'friend' in that household. But he wasn't able to be with Doyoung every time, since he had some other responsibilities as well. Therefore, whenever he could, Doyoung brought his friend home.

Doyoung's best friend, Park Jeongwoo is a mischievous, loud and cheerful boy. He met Doyoung at school, and even though people approached him because he's rich, Jeongwoo befriended him for his personality. And when Doyoung realized the good intention of Jeongwoo, his fondness towards his friend rapidly increased. They became the best of friends in no time.

Jeongwoo came to Doyoung's house a lot of times! He knew the house, the garden, the employees and obviously, Doyoung's room. Usually, Doyoung let Jeongwoo roam free in his house. But he specifically restricted Jeongwoo to come across a certain newcomer that he despised.

Because he didn't want his best friend to fall for his stepbrother's fake charms.

But yeah, they had to share a car ride home, finishing school one day.

Doyoung didn't let them talk for long though. They just exchanged their names under Doyoung's scary glare. Jeongwoo did want to talk to Yedam, but Doyoung stopped him by pinching him hard on his arm. Yedam, occupying the passenger's seat, sighed.

Jeongwoo and Doyoung talked a bit, surfed through their phones while Yedam was looking out of the car window. Since he was really tired, he fell asleep soon.

But in that bumpy car ride, his head was swinging from left to right. Doyoung saw that but turned a blind eye at that. Jeongwoo didn't act that way though. He looked back and found a neck pillow behind him. He took that and leaned forward to place that on Yedam's neck.

"What do you think you're doing?" Doyoung scolded him, gritting his teeth.

"What? He might hurt himself otherwise!" Jeongwoo whispered and shushed Doyoung as well. Doyoung rolled his eyes, crossed his arms and looked outside. He knew Jeongwoo was kind. But why showing that to Yedam when he disliked the said guy?

They reached home and Doyoung pulled Jeongwoo out of the car. Jeongwoo still managed to poke Yedam on his arms to wake him up. Luckily, that went unnoticed by Doyoung.

"So, you're saying I can't leave your room?" Jeongwoo asked as they were climbing upstairs, towards Doyoung's room.

"Yep, anything you need, just ask me. But don't step out if my room." Doyoung said.

"But why??" Jeongwoo asked.

"Because there's him! I don't want you to meet or talk to him!" Doyoung clarified. Jeongwoo rolled his eyes. He didn't understand why Doyoung was so spiced up about such an ordinary guy. He knew all the step brother issue, but still, Doyoung's action seemed somewhat unreasonable to him.

"I don't get it. If he's that bad, I won't like him even if we come across each other. Why are yous stopping me from meeting him? Are you insecure? Do you think he's a good guy?" Jeongwoo started teasing Doyoung. He knew very well that Doyoung could be really petty if he didn't like someone without any reason.

"Shut up, he just puts on acts!" Doyoung scoffed. They reached the room as they talked. So, Doyoung closed the door from the inside. Doyoung left his bag on the bed and went to freshen up. Jeongwoo threw his bag on the bed as well and flopped down on the bed, streatching his limbs.

"Ahhh such a boring school day it was!" He spoke out loud, to no one in particular.

When Doyoung was still in the washroom, Jeongwoo heard a knock on the door. He opened up and saw a maid. He bowed at her. She was holding a tray with two glasses filled with orange juice and some snacks. Jeongwoo took that inside and closed the door again. He felt a little bothered though. Usually, for Doyoung, instead of fruit juice, there would be drinks like coke or sprite.