Chapter 30

Doyoung didn’t know how he came to such an absurd decision of not leaving his dad's house even after him coming of age; which was a must, unanimously decided by his mother, brother and obviously he himself. No, he actually knew what was binding him to this house- Yedam. Doyoung became so used to living with Yedam, passing his entire day in Yedam’s room, being in his company that he couldn’t even imagine staying apart from his boyfriend.

But the problem was his mother. As Doyoung’s 18th birthday was approaching, she started to mention how Doyoung should move in with them, her and Junkyu. Doyoung couldn’t just deny it on her face, simply because he didn’t have a proper reason to. Actually, he had one valid reason, but she couldn’t know that. At least not of that moment.

“Hyung, it’s making me so stressed out!” Doyoung whined in the morning of the day before his birthday. They both had some lazy time to spend as it was a holiday. Having breakfast, both entered into Yedam’s room and Doyoung lied down on Yedam’s lap as Yedam sat on the bed. Yedam’s hand naturally went to Doyoung’s hair, brushing through them. Doyoung was playing with the other hand of Yedam as he said that.

“Giving your mother hints about staying here?” Yedam asked. Last night, Doyoung went to his mother’s house and indirectly told her about his decision to not move in with them. She understood, but didn’t let that show. She just acted cold towards him. And Yedam very well knew that the unclear reaction from her was killing Doyoung.

Doyoung slightly turned to face Yedam above from his lap, “Don’t you think she’d ask me about it again?”

Yedam who was playing with a strand of Doyoung’s fluffy red hair stopped. Instead, he looked at the wall in front of him, “She should. I mean, I think she will ask you about it soon.”

Doyoung looked worried, “So, what should I say to her?”

Yedam looked down. Doyoung’s forehead creases made his hand go over them as he smoothened them. “Just say that you like it here better, if you don’t want to talk about us.”

Doyoung felt like Yedam was hurt inside. Because right after they got together, Yedam came out to his mother. To their utter surprise, she was supportive of him. As she had a thorny life, she didn’t want to make Yedam’s one thorny as well. But for Doyoung, none of his parents knew about them and even though Yedam didn’t want to, he did feel sad about it.

“Hyung!” Doyoung held both of Yedam’s hands on his own, “I can tell her if you want to!”

Yedam chuckled, “Why? So that we break up even before we start?” Doyoung’s brows came together again.

“Just let things settle down a bit. We are in no hurry to tell them, Doyoungie.” Yedam clarified.

“Okay.” Doyoung sceptically said, pouting a bit. Yedam smiled again. The pout made him peck his boyfriend’s lips.

“Wanna do something?” he asked afterwards. Doyoung smiled and nodded cutely.

“Let’s go cook something experimental!” He grinned. Yedam dreaded the outcome, but didn’t have the heart to say no to his cute lover.

“Just don’t make me eat something inedible!” Yedam spoke as both of them got up. Doyoung just grinned widely and dragged Yedam downstairs.

-

Jaehyuk never imagined he would welcome someone who left the house in a very drastic situation; vowing never to even appear in the said house. The person was, if needed to be told, either Junkyu or his mother, as only the two of them had gone through such promise. Still, Jaehyuk had to welcome the lesser possibility- Mrs. Kim walking through the door to the Kim. mansion.