Chapter 8

Jaehyuk was relieved from the monotony of a long bus journey not because he was finally getting down the bus, but because of the breath-taking sight before him. No, not a scenic beauty; the beauty was, in fact, in the particular pair of eyes that smiled at him with purely welcoming grace. Jaehyuk unconsciously smiled, a shy and happy smile. Because he wasn’t being able to suppress his overwhelming emotions after meeting the prettiest boy on earth; at least to him.

Jaehyuk hugged the shorter guy who was waiting for him in the station while Jaehyuk was travelling a long way to meet his beloved in the hug. He missed the warmth of the guy a bit too much.

“Hi-kun! Did you wait long?” Jaehyuk softly asked after letting go of the hug and kissing his lover on the forehead.

“No, I just got here.” The other replied. It wasn’t formality that he lied about waiting for hours; he just didn’t want to admit how excited he was to meet Jaehyuk because he came to the station way too early. Jaehyuk just smiled. He knew his lover was lying, but he deliberately ignored it.

The weather was sunny but windy. The breeze was satisfactory, but since it was almost 10 in the morning, the sunlight wasn’t as mild. So, they decided to stay somewhere in shade.

“Have you had your breakfast, Sahi?” Jaehyuk asked again. The guy named Asahi, who was Jaehyuk’s lover since last year just shook his head a simple no.

“Then let’s have something to eat first.” Jaehyuk said. He quickly took the hand of the shorter one and intertwined them together. Asahi’s usual cold face, which was bright and bubbly since Jaehyuk’s arrival, formed a shy smile at that. And Jaehyuk, by all means, noticed that. He smiled to himself knowing he still had the effect on his lover with the simplest forms of skin ships even after a year.

They entered a pastry shop and took a table for two. Jaehyuk ordered stuffed breads and a chocolate cream pastry for himself. Asahi went with a small piece of Red Velvet cupcake with stuffed breads. They both ordered Americano for themselves.

“It’s been a year already,” Jaehyuk started after eating for a while, “I still can’t forget the day you said yes to me.” He smiled. Asahi just looked at his cake and smiled. That one day, when he took a bold decision which he thought was the best decision taken by him till date.

“You had to travel so far to babysit my cousin! It must have been super inconvenient! Yet, you did it. Was it because of me?” Jaehyuk softly asked. He knew very well why Asahi went through all the trouble. But Asahi never once admitted the real reason.

“They paid well!” Asahi spoke, denying the truth one more time. Jaehyuk just smiled.

“But it’s destiny.” Asahi said, “If I hadn’t decided to babysit him in the first place, I wouldn’t have met you.”

Jaehyuk cooed at Asahi. Everything about the younger was perfect to him. The pretty brown eyes, the small and slightly sharp nose, the philtrum and the irresistible pair of lips, the smooth skin of his and the adorable height- everything drew Jaehyuk in again and again to the point he became addicted to the shorter one’s presence near him.

“And you’re the best present for me.” Jaehyuk said. Asahi’s heart fluttered at those simple yet impactful words of his lover. Yet, he couldn’t reply with an even better compliment, that’s just how he was. Jaehyuk didn’t even complain though.

Their meal ended and they headed out of the shop. Jaehyuk surprised Asahi with tickets to amusement park.

“I have never taken you to an amusement park before. Now that it’s our anniversary, I'll do all the basics a couple should do.” Jaehyuk grinned. Asahi just smiled. He was already happy to spend time with his beloved. But he received more than he asked for.