Chapter 6

Playing the piano always soothed Doyoung’s mind, it also brought him lots of praises. Doyoung learned playing piano when his mother saw his interest in musical instruments and bought him his very own piano. Before that, Doyoung always watched YouTube videos of people playing piano, so he was euphoric when he finally got his own one. His mother got him a teacher who taught him piano. Doyoung was a quick learner. In no time, the boy impressed both his teacher and his family.

In school, he joined the music club naturally. Even though he liked dancing and could dance pretty well, playing piano was his ultimate favourite and he went with that.

And to his delight, he was the best student in the club for two whole years. Because of his fair knowledge and skill in singing, dancing, composing and playing piano, people looked up to him. In any festival, he was the most demanded student and he high key loved that.

But of course, a certain newcomer had to take everything away from him.
On one fine day, when Doyoung was flexing his skills in front of some female students, the vice president of the club announced the arrival of a new member. Curious, Doyoung stopped whatever he was doing to see the new member’s face.

But he was none other than Bang Yedam.

Doyoung’s brows came together and he was annoyed. He thought he wouldn’t meet Yedam at school, but no! The boy seemed to be an expert in ruining Doyoung’s mood every time.

“Hi, I'm Bang Yedam. I can sing, compose music and play guitar.”
The club members clapped and whistled.

“Why don’t you present us with a song then?” The vice president asked.

Yedam nodded and took his guitar from behind him. He tuned in and started to sing.

The whole room stood still in awe. Even Doyoung, who wouldn’t ever admit it, forgot to do anything as he listened to the heavenly voice and skilful guitar playing.

How can a person sing like that? How can one’s voice be so powerful yet so sweet? No one in the club had ever met anyone who could sing even close to what he was singing.

Even after he finished, it took moments for everyone to come to their senses and clap vigorously. Everyone threw words of praises and Yedam seemed to feel shy at that.

Doyoung, coming back to his senses, saw what was happening. People were praising Yedam. Hell, people were really feeding him with boundless compliments. And Doyoung’s eyes darkened at that.

Because he could see that the spotlight wasn’t on him anymore. Music is the only trait of him he felt proud of. But someone else came and pointed out that he wasn’t the best even in that criterion- and that made Doyoung feel extremely regretful and inferior.

So, he gave an excuse of not feeling well and left the club. Instead of going home, he went to his mother’s house, to get comforted by his brother and mother.

As he reached the house, Doyoung took out the key from his pocket and unlocked the door, not minding to knock. He immediately swung the door open, but what he saw made him stand still with wide eyes for few good seconds.

Jihoon was on top of Junkyu, both of them were shirtless and their clothes were randomly thrown on the floor. Junkyu’s belt was being unbuckled by Jihoon as both of them were making out, on the couch in the living room, under bright day light. Junkyu turned towards the door at the sound, separating his lips from Jihoon’s. His eyes widened and his mouth hung open. Doyoung couldn’t process the look of pure embarrassment on his face, as Junkyu took his shirt from the floor and threw it on Doyoung’s face.
“What the fuck are you doing? Close the freaking door!!” Junkyu shouted. Doyoung pulled the door immediately and put a hand on his chest.