Chapter 13

When Jihoon started dating Junkyu, it wasn’t an extraordinary story to tell, yet, it wasn’t plain as well; because Kim Junkyu was hard work and park Jihoon was too egoistic. Jihoon knew Junkyu since middle school. But the image of him was of a cute, a bit weird and somewhat a nerdy boy to Jihoon. However, Jihoon was too busy fooling around to discover a certain quiet boy. But his assumption about Junkyu soon changed when they were about to graduate from middle school. Junkyu’s rich parents and the amount of affection he showed to his younger brother made Jihoon wonder, how on earth can the weird boy have such a nice demeanour?

Because all through his life, Jihoon saw rich boys being arrogant, lazy or inattentive in class. He didn’t know rich kids could also be sincere about everything.

So, when he attended the same high school as Junkyu again, he decided to befriend him. Junkyu wasn’t hard to befriend with. In some months, he got really close with Jihoon. Jihoon discovered so many things about Junkyu, starting from what he liked to eat, how he liked to spend his leisure time or how he made up for the time he wasted playing games. Not to mention, Junkyu was almost the polar opposite of Jihoon.

Because Junkyu liked spice where Jihoon loved sweet food. Junkyu was a homebody where Jihoon liked to explore the world. Junkyu liked maths where Jihoon loved literature and so on. They had only one thing in common, that is their love for their family. Yet, when Junkyu was a bit above 18, that changed too.

And Junkyu moved out with his mom, disregarding everything that would be rightfully his. And Jihoon couldn’t but admire and accompany the bold boy. And maybe Jihoon took care of him too much throughout the whole high school life, he fell for Junkyu. He knew Junkyu also felt the same. Yet, it took him months to man up and confess to Junkyu. And Junkyu? He did accept a few days later, giving Jihoon nightmares and a fearful heart in the mean time.

But Junkyu made up to those after they became lovers. Jihoon could swear if he was born again, he would choose to be with Junkyu again. If Jihoon was Junkyu’s saving grace, Junkyu, undoubtedly, was the falling star to Jihoon. And no matter what happened, Jihoon vowed to save the star for himself only.

And this time wasn’t an exception either. After their fight, Jihoon was a bit pissed off despite being guilty. So, he didn’t call or text Junkyu that night. However, he determined to make up with Junkyu the next day when Junkyu arrived at the varsity. But to his disappointment, Junkyu skipped classes that day. Being worried that Junkyu actually was hurt so bad, Jihoon went to his house after the varsity ended. He did have to skip work but he didn’t care. Checking on Junkyu was more important.

But reaching in front of his house, Jihoon lost courage.

‘What if Junkyu hates seeing me here? What if he needs more time to cool off? What if I go unprepared and mess things up even more?’

Jihoon was fidgeting and walking back and forth trying hard to realize which would be better. He must have spent a long time, because Doyoung wouldn’t have arrived and called him from behind before afternoon.

“Jihoonie hyung? What are you doing here?” Doyoung asked once he saw Jihoon waiting outside their house.

“Oh hi, Doyoungie....” Jihoon spoke awkwardly. He was still deep in thoughts about how to make up to Junkyu.

“Is everything alright?” Doyoung asked, holding Jihoon’s shoulder. Jihoon sighed.

“I guess I'll give him more time.” He said and left in an instant, without even answering Doyoung. Doyoung stood there, confused.
However, he walked in and decided to ask Junkyu about it. Junkyu was in his room, locking his door from the inside. So, Doyoung knocked.