Chapter 28

“Ruto hyung~”

Haruto, who was working, snapped his head at that whiny call from Junghwan. True, him and Junghwan were actually pretty close, aside from the business partner like relationship between them. But still, the younger usually didn’t call Haruto like that.

Well, not when he wasn’t in need of anything from the elder.

“What?” Haruto asked sceptically. He knew Junghwan was up to something.

“You’re my closest friend, right?” Junghwan flashed Haruto a grin. But Haruto just narrowed his eyes, “What is it that you want?”

“Hehe!” Junghwan made a weird noise, “Can you fill in for me with one of my friends?”

Haruto looked at Junghwan questioningly, “It’s your friend, why would I fill in for you?”

“Because you know him too!” Junghwan reasoned, “You know I'm really busy this evening, or else I wouldn’t ask you.”

“Then ask them to meet you later!” Haruto suggested.

“I would if I could, hyung. But he needs to do some shopping and it’s got to be this evening.” Junghwan gave Haruto puppy eyes, “It’s really important to him and he needs someone to accompany and help him to choose.”

Haruto sighed, “Hwanie, I don’t think it’s a good idea, besides-"

“But it’s none other than Jeongwoo hyung! You’re his friend too, right?” Junghwan hastily said.

Haruto halted for a bit, but regained himself soon after, “Yeah, but he asked you for help, so, he might not like it if I-"

“Actually, I already told him that you’d go with him instead of me.” Junghwan nervously chuckled and scratched his neck.

Haruto was bewildered. He raised a brow with ridicule playing in his eyes, “So, you already made arrangements without asking me first?”

Junghwan maintained his awkward laughter, “That’s because I knew you’d say yes.”

Haruto sat straight and looked at Junghwan with even more amazement, “And what makes you think I would?”

Junghwan grinned widely, “Cause you are the best hyung ever!”

Haruto couldn’t but laugh at how childish yet innocent Junghwan sounded for a while, “Yah! How old are you? Thinking that I’ll melt at that?” He spoke after a while, the smile still prevailing.

“Please??” Junghwan’s puppy like gaze intensified and Haruto sighed in defeat. He never admitted but he really adored Junghwan a lot and so couldn’t say no to him.

So, that evening, he found himself waiting for Jeongwoo in front of a huge shopping complex in casual clothes.

After that meet in the cafe, Haruto was in friendly terms with Jeongwoo. He even went to eat out with Jeongwoo and Junghwan at times. But never was he alone with Jeongwoo, until then.

And Haruto was afraid that maybe they would be reminded of their not so great past in their time alone.

Jeongwoo didn’t make Haruto wait long. Soon enough, Haruto saw a tall Korean boy of his own age waving at him while smiling widely. It automatically brought a smile on his face as well.

“Did you wait long?” Jeongwoo asked. Haruto shook his head a no. Jeongwoo was panting a bit, “I had trouble finding a taxi, so I'm a bit late,” he said.

“It’s okay. You aren’t even that late.” Haruto assured him.

In all honesty, Jeongwoo felt a sudden rush of emotions inside him after watching Haruto in casual clothes. In fact it was his first time seeing Haruto like that. It only escalated his previous fondness towards the Japanese which he though was buried deep after all that happened between them. But no, he was feeling the same that he felt the first time watching Haruto all over again. In order to hide that, he quickly spoke, “So, let’s go for shopping, shall we?” Haruto obliged.