Chapter Two

Ellie's POV

My eyes fluttered open with a massive headache. I could hear a strange beeping noise.

It took me a minute, to fully open my eyes. As soon as they were completely opened, I was surrounded by people, more precisely a nurse and a doctor.

My gaze shifted back and forth, trying to accommodate my vision of the new environment.

" Why am I here? " I mutter, my throat dry as a desert, lacking any sort of moisture. It felt like I just traveled from a region of dry winds.

" You're here because you had a little head injury. Last night, some armed burglars broke into your building sweetie. " The nurse explains in a monotone with no expression on her face.

" Ca..can I please get some water? " I ask again.

" Luckily, the cops arrived on time so not much harm was done to you. You're safe don't worry. Just a minor head injury. " The nurse says, forcing a smile on her face.

I find it quite weird that I am asking for water yet she is continuously scripting out words as if she memorized them.

" M..my parents? " I ask.

" The armed burglars killed them. "

" My..my parents are dead? " I ask, again.

" Yeah, you'll be discharged soon. You can go back now. " She replies nonchalantly.

What is happening?

This isn't right. I sense something off.

The nurse and the doctor goes away and I break down.

My parents are dead. I am all alone now.

I can go back now, but who will I go back to? I have nothing left here. It all happened so suddenly.

One moment, I had a home, loving parents, a family and now I have absolutely no one.

I stare bubbly at the floor and then my gaze moves towards a plate of fruits on the right.

I extend my hand and grab the knife beside the fruits.

I swiftly slide it across my waist but it only makes a slight cut, I continue doing it again and again till the cut finally cut bigger.

Al I feel is a sharp sensation yet no pain. Maybe the sharp sensation is the pain? But then again, I'm mentally too numb to feel anything.

I raise the knife, about to just slash my wrist and end it but mid-air someone takes hold of my wrist.

" Stop, you can not do this. This isn't allowed by him. No, he won't allow this " She mutters, more to herself.

She grabs my wrist roughly and starts bandaging it. I whimper and protest but she has no heed to me.

After she is done she roughly throws my clothes at me.

" Change and don't do something stupid. " She barks at my face.

I slowly move my legs, as soon as my feet touch the ground a scorching pain ripples through my body.

" I...I can't stand it. It hurts. " I moan in pain.

" Yo..you also got hit in the abdomen. I forgot to mention. It's probably that. " The nurse mutters.

" N..no. It hurts really bad. I..I feel it in my..my vagina too. Something is wrong. " I complain.

" It's nothing. " She replies back in the same tone, lacking any emotion of empathy or sympathy.

She shoves me into the bathroom. I change into my dress with difficulty as my abdomen continues to hurt.