Hear Me Out!

Jackie's eyes looked like fire, angry and unreasonable.

But Anti was willing to try even if he was scared shitless.

"Uh . . ..  Y-you wouldn't hurt a guy holding a cat, would ya?"

The hero sneered, "Put him down and show me what you got, glitch-bitch"

'That hurt' he thought to himself, 'But I have to remember he doesn't realize. Just keep going'

Anti held BB securely in his arms. If he lost the cat, he'd lose his head. Literally.

"I'd rather n-not. Look, I . . . I just wanna talk. Can we just t-talk?" Anti pleaded.

Jackie didn't look to be in the talking sort of mood, "And why should I talk with you? So you can manipulate me and puppet me like you tried to with Jameson and Henrik?! So you can play around with my head like you did with Chase?!"

"Hey, man, I was just trying to get through to you guys without getting myself killed! I didn't know it'd have a toll on you guys! I'm sorry! And if you'd notice, I hadn't done it since"

Jackie froze. He looked to be contemplating but huffed, "Yeah right. You'd say anything so I wouldn't kill you"

"Well . . . True" Anti shrugged his shoulders.

"And you'd hold that cat all damn night so long as I didn't attack you."

"That is also true"

Jackie sighed. There was a pause before he rolled his shoulders and cracked his back, "You have one minute. Don't waste it"

"Can I feed BB first?" Anti snuggled his little companion, "He was hungry before I  . . grabbed him"

Jackie glared but kept silent. It seemed that one minute was starting now.

Anti snuck to his cupboard without turning his back to the hero and pulled out a can of salmon. The cat in his arms wriggled in excitement. He never got the good stuff like that!

"Easy there Big Boss" Anti kissed the cat's forehead, almost forgetting his impending doom standing mere feet away from him.

Watching each other almost sizing one another up, Anti went to slowly set BB on the kitchen counter so he could open the can. He didn't take his eyes off Jackie for a second. He was almost starting to get calm until Jackie finally spoke again.

"Thirty seconds. You're wasting your time"

"Ah come on! You didn't say when it started!" Anti whined and hurriedly opened the can before shoving it towards the cat. Anti hid behind BB on the counter as he chowed down, "Can we start time over?"

"No"

Anti tapped his foot. What should he say?! What could he say?! He didn't have much time to say much of anything until Jackie decapitated him or something.

"Ten seconds"

"AH!" Anti squeaked in fear, "Uh . . ." he shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, "I don't wanna hurt any of you! I never did!"

Jackie snorted, "Yeah right. Tell that to the others. Each of them has their own scar to remind them of you. Including me"

"B-but that wasn't me!"

"Time's up. If that's all you got, it wasn't enough." Jackie cracked his knuckles, walking up to him.

Anti's heart raced and he took a step back for every step Jackie took closer to him, "P-please! Please just listen!" he started to cry, "I never wanted to hurt any of you. Never!"