Chapter 19

Chapter 19

***Liliana's POV***

My dream of being at the beach with Ashton started to slowly fade away from my eyes. I did all that I could to try and stay asleep, but it wasn't happening.

It was gone and I was left staring at the back of my eyelids. I let out something between a groan and a yawn before I opened my eyes slightly. There wasn't much light coming through my window, but it was enough to hurt my eyes.

I was vaguely aware of the heat radiating onto my left side. I looked down and remembered that Ashton was with me. He was cuddled onto me and his face was in the crook of my neck.

I reached my hand up and ran it through his hair.

"Ashton, wake up."

He groaned but didn't move.

"Ashton."

"Liliana." He said and I smiled. "Can't we sleep for just a little bit more?"

"No we've got to work and you have two meetings today."

"Okay baby." He whispered and pressed his lips to my neck.

I quietly gasped and my breath became shallow.

He got up and walked to the bathroom.

I sat up and touched the spot on my neck where his lips had previously been.

I decided not to think to much into it. He was probably just tired and didn't realize what he did. I got out of my bed and walked to the living room.

"Hey." I said to Shaylin. "What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same question." She shot back.

"What's your problem?"

"Who's shirt is that?"

"A friend's. What's wrong with you?"

"So what you're saying is that I didn't walk into your room and see your boss with you in bed this morning?"

"So that's what this is about?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know I don't like cheaters."

"It's not even like that." I defended myself.

"Then what is it like? Because right now you're both being cheaters."

"He's single and nothing happened. He was drunk last night and I didn't want him to drive home."

"But why was he here?"

"I don't know. He didn't say."

"Why was he naked?"

"He was in boxers. And before you can ask, I have his shirt on because I liked it so he's letting me wear it."

"Nothing happened?"

"Nothing." I promised.

"Okay."

"I'm gonna go get ready." I said and walked back to my room.

"As much as I love seeing you in my clothes, I'm gonna need my shirt back." Ashton said.

I quickly took off the shirt and tossed it to him.

"I'll see you at work." I said walking to the closet.

"I uh, yeah. Work. I'll see you. There."

"Alright." I said turning to the closet.

I started looking for something to wear when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Thank you for last night."