Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Published- November 2, 2014

"Do you really have to go?" I asked Shaylin as I hugged her.

"Yes." She said, prying my arms off of her.

"But who's going to make me that awesome five star gourmet meal that you always do?" I whined.

"Annie, I make you two things; cereal and macaroni and cheese. Neither of those things qualify as five star or gourmet."

"Please don't leave me!" I begged.

"I'll only be gone for a week." She said walking out of the door.

"So your mom decides to get remarried and you leave me? I thought that what we had was special!" I yelled, running down the hallway of the apartment building. She had just stepped in the elevator when I got to her.

"Call me everyday." I said sadly.

"Goodbye, Annie!" She said in annoyance as the elevator door closed.

It was then that I realized how foolish I probably looked.

A nineteen year old girl standing in a hallway wearing fuzzy pink shorts and an oversized shirt with a unicorn on it. Not to mention the fact that I had awful bed head.

When I slept I didn't stay in one spot, ever. I tossed and turned all night. I slept well, but I moved a lot.

I'll admit that my sleeping attire was a bit childish, but I would be turning twenty soon and I just wanted to cherish the moments that I had, as a kid, left.

I sadly walked back to my apartment and closed the door behind me. To most people, not seeing their best friend for a week wasn't a big deal. She's been my best friend since we were fifteen, and we've been inseparable since we moved in together.

I met her on vine. It sounds sketchy, but it's not that bad. I commented on one of her vines, and then everything took off from there. We talked every day, but she lived in a different state.

We didn't meet until we were seventeen. We went to California for Vidcon and had the time of our lives at Disney Day.

It was at the end of that trip that we decided to move to California after graduation.

Shaylin goes to college, but I already finished. I was an overachiever in high school. During my freshman year, I was taking sophomore and junior classes. I got all of my necessary high school credits to graduate and immediately started on college.

After long summers full of online schooling and school years full of nonstop working, I only had to take one year of actual college.

I finished that a few months ago, so that's where we are now. Shaylin in school and working part time as a waitress and me working full time as a paid intern. Sometimes things were hard, but we managed.

My phone starting ringing when I got into my room and I groaned. Who calls at nine in the morning on a Saturday?

I looked at the screen and saw 'Mr. Irwin' with the princess emoji behind it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Liliana Brooks, just the girl I wanted to talk to." He said happily.

"No one ever calls me that." I said smiling.

"I was afraid you weren't going to answer."

"Well I did."

"Come to the office." He said.

"But...it's my day off." I said.

"I know, but I have a meeting today and I want you to come. I think it would really help you when you decide to further your career."