Chapter 41

Chapter 41

***Ashton's POV***

"Well there's something I've been meaning to tell you 'bout the college on the edge of the town. No one should ever go there. You know it's bad bad bad. It gets worse every school year, but man the freakin' teachers are rad. Oh yeah yeah yeah." Lily sang.

"What even is that?" I laughed.

"You know that show we were watching, the one with Pony and Baby Cakes?"

"That weird bald guy?"

"Yeah. That's the theme song for it. It's called China, IL and we need to watch it more. I love that show."

"That's a weird song, though."

"But I like it. I like a lot of songs even if they're weird. Weird Al songs are funny, like that one about..."

She continued talking, but I didn't really listen. I didn't want to turn into a guy that never listened to their girlfriend, but there was a lot on my mind.

"So I guess I'm really more of an instrumental kind of person. Then again, there are some song lyrics that can make me see something completely different and that's amazing. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a music person." Lily rambled about her music preferences.

I honestly wished that I had listened more to what she was saying, but I couldn't focus. Whenever the rain cleared and we left Cricket's house, I became more worried.

Hiding my frantic state while in a group was easy, but I was afraid that Lily was going to see right through me when we were alone. So far, everything was okay.

"Hey, Ash?"

"Yeah."

"I know I'm going to sound crazy, but it's kind of been bothering me all afternoon. Who's Nicole?"

"Megan's replacement."

"Shaylin texted me earlier. She said she's been throwing up all day." Lily changed the subject. "She's either sick or pregnant. Let's hope it's not the latter. Her and Vince were pretty crazy on her birthday, and that was with me in the next room. I really don't want to imagine what they were like when they were alone."

She kept rambling about Shaylin and Vince, but I wasn't paying attention.

Hearing the word 'pregnant' come out of her mouth made me sick. I didn't know how the text could've came from Lily, but suddenly, everything started to make sense.

She had a sudden craving for sweets and then the next second, she wanted pickles. In the shower earlier, she looked at her stomach and said she hated the scar, but she could've been talking about a baby inside and didn't want to tell me.

The baby wouldn't be mine, that's for sure. What would she do if she was single mom at nineteen? Despite the magnitude of my feelings for Lily, raising another man's child was crazy.

Then again, I know what it's like to grow up without a dad, and I wouldn't let the kid experience that.

I internally laughed at myself for worrying about a child that I wasn't even sure existed.

"Are you pregnant?" My mouth spoke before my brain could comprehend what I was doing.

The truck swerved slightly.

"What?" She gasped.

"It's just, you've been eating pickles and ice cream. Not together, but you're eating them. I think I read somewhere that pregnant women are horny a lot. Not that I'm complaining, but-"