Chapter 71

Chapter 71

It's late but it's here.

***Kyle's POV***

"Annie, can we please talk before my parents get here?" I asked as I walked into Annie's bedroom and sat on her bed.

She stood at her dresser and looked for some clothes.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Oh not much."

"So you just wanted to watch me put on clothes?"

"Yeah. You're just so beautiful I didn't want to turn down this opportunity."

"You sound like Ashton."

"I do not. He's Australian."

"Who told you?" she gasped.

"I'm so smart that I figured it out all by myself." I said with a smile. "How are you two doing?"

"We're doing fine...you just saw us together yesterday."

"I meant like trust and emotions and stuff."

"Oh. Well yeah, we're good."

"That's good..."

"So what did you want to talk about?" she asked.

"Well, I didn't realize until the other day how guilty I felt about something because I kind of forgot about it. I just want you to know that my intentions were not malicious, and I loved you. I still love you, differently from then, but I love you. I just- I need to tell you about this."

After she put on a shirt, she walked over and sat next to me. "Give me your hoodie."

I quickly took it off and slipped it over her head.

"Thank you." she said. "So what do you want to tell me?"

"Annie, do you remember the first party that Alex brought you to? The one at Trevor's."

"I do."

"We had sex, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you. You were so drunk and-"

"Kyle." she cut me off.

"What?"

"I wasn't drunk."

"You weren't?"

"No. I only had like one beer."

"But you didn't remember."

"Yes I did. I just said that I didn't because I thought that you would try to tell Alex, and lying is easier when you stick to the same story with everyone."

"Wait, so I didn't take advantage of you?"

"No." she laughed. "Are you forgetting that I was the one that asked if I could kiss you?"

"You did." my jaw dropped. "So you remember the whole thing?"

"Yeah."

"Thank god. I was starting to think that I needed to register as a sex offender."

"Well you don't."

"Did you regret it?"

"I only regretted being a cheater. If I wasn't with Alex I wouldn't have. I just didn't get closure when we broke up, and I missed you so much. A part of me almost broke up with Alex so you and I could get back together."

"I really wish you would've." I sighed. "I was such a dick, and I promise you, Annie, you were good enough. You were scarily good. At one point I considered the possibility of you cheating on me because even though you were a virgin, you fucked like you had years of experience."