Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"So you said you got some other stuff earlier. What's the other stuff?" I asked.

Ashton stood up without a word and walked to the kitchen. He came back with four bags.

"Well I didn't know what you would need, but I bought a bit of everything." He said.

He reached into the first bag and pulled out three small teddy bears and handed them to me.

"What are these for?" I asked.

"Well I thought that they might cheer you up a little." He said.

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

The new just poured the rest of the bag out. The contents included hairbrushes of various colors and sizes, a set of combs, hair ties, headbands, barrettes, and bobby pins.

"You think I need all of these?" I asked.

"I didn't know what you preferred using." He shrugged.

When he dumped the second bag my mouth dropped wide open. My eyes were wide, and I was at a loss for words.

"Oh my god." I whispered finally finding my voice again.

"Again, I didn't know what you preferred using."

"I don't even know what to say."

"I got tampons, pads, and pantyliners. I'm not really good with this stuff. Katie always has her own and never stays over. So I got regular and heavy flow."

"Ashton!"

"I'm sorry! I've just always wanted to do this."

"Buy tampons?"

"No. Well yes, but no. I've always wanted to be that guy that wasn't afraid to do these things for my girlfriend. Or friend I guess. I don't know. I just want to feel needed sometimes. You know?"

"Yeah. I know exactly how you feel." I sighed. He spoke again before I could wallow in self pity.

"How about you open one." he said.

I nodded and reached for one of the bags that he set on the floor beside the couch.

"Candy!" I said excitedly.

I started taking candy out of the bag. There were gummy worms, sour gummy worms, gummy bears, suckers, sweet tarts, different kinds of candy bars, and skittles. Lots and lots skittles.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Know what?"

"That skittles were my favorite."

He smiled. "I didn't. They're my favorite too."

"Nice choice."

He laughed quietly and handed me the last bag.

There were fuzzy socks, slippers, and a very soft blanket.

I looked up at him and he said "I wanted to make sure that you were comfortable here."

I quickly put everything back in their bags and set the bags on the floor.

"Thank you." I said hugging him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"No problem."

I hugged him for longer than I intended. When I realized that we were still hugging I quickly let go.

"I'm sorry." I blushed.

"No it's uh- it's fine." He said clearing his throat.

He looked at the clock and then back at me.