Chapter 21

Chapter 21

***Liliana's POV***

"Alex what are you doing here?" I asked shocked.

"What happened to you?" He asked getting up and walking over to me.

"It's nothing."

"Annie you have a scratch on your cheek. It doesn't look like nothing." He frowned.

"I'm fine. It doesn't even hurt."

"Are you sure that you're okay? I can take you home if you want."

"I actually was going to go home, but my car is here."

"I can get Matt to come and get it or something." He offered.

"I'll just drive home and you can come over." I said.

"Okay that works too I guess. Do you want me to-"

"Liliana I'm sorry about what happened, but I can't take these." Ashton said. I turned around and he was standing in the doorway.

He was holding the two boxes in his hands, and his eyes were glued on Alex.

"You paid for it." I said.

"You wanted it."

He moved closer and handed them to me.

"This is my boyfriend." I said while I sat the boxes on my desk.

"I'm Ashton." He said putting his hand out.

"Alex." My boyfriend replied shaking his hand.

"I've heard a lot about you Alex." Ashton said.

"All good things I hope." Alex chuckled.

Ashton didn't reply, but offered him a smile. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Feel better Liliana. I'll hopefully see you tomorrow." He said and left my office.

"I'll see you at your apartment." Alex said through gritted teeth. I watched as he walked out of my office too.

I groaned and sat down in my chair. It was going to be hell when I got home. Alex had finally met Ashton.

Alex seemed pretty calm, but I wasn't certain how he would act when we were alone.

I picked up my purse and grabbed the rest of my things before picking up the two boxes. I walked out of my office and locked the door.

The rest of what happened until I got to my apartment was a blur. My mind was everywhere.

I couldn't figure out why Katie had freaked out so much. It's not like I told Ashton to break up with her. They grew apart, stuff like that happens all of the time.

My phone started vibrating in the cup holder.

"Hello?" I answered trying not to take my eyes off of the road.

"Hey sweetie. What are you doing?" I heard my mothers voice.

"Uh driving." I said putting the phone on speaker.

"Oh. I'll call you back then."

"No!" I said kind of loud.

"What's wrong?"

"I really need to talk to you and I don't have much time." I lowered my voice.

"Why don't you have much time? Are you okay? Are you hurt? What's going on?" She asked in a panicked tone.

I laughed lightly. "Nothing mom. I'm fine. I just miss you, and I need someone to talk to about my problems."

"What's been going on?" She asked.