Chapter 25

Chapter 25

***Alex's POV***

"You really broke up with her?" Emily asked me.

"Mhm. Just for you. I love you Em."

Just when I was about to kiss her, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll be right back." I groaned.

I got up and walked to the door.

"Can I help you, officers?" I asked when I opened it.

"Alexander Andrews?"

"Yes?"

"Alex what's going on?" I heard Emily say from behind me.

"You're under arrest for the assault and battery and possible attempt of murder of Liliana Brooks."

"Alex what are they talking about?" Emily asked.

"I don't know." I replied. An officer stepped toward me.

"I think you've got the wrong person." I stepped back.

"In that case, I'm sure you wouldn't mind coming down to the station to clear your name."

I was shoved against a wall and put into handcuffs.

"I didn't touch her!" I yelled. I tried to turn and get out of the handcuffs. "It wasn't me!"

They didn't listen. There was no use in resisting anymore. I blocked out what they were saying. I hung my head as they pushed me through my apartment building.

Many of my neighbors had their heads sticking out of their doorways.

The officers threw me in the back of the car and began driving.

Assault and battery? Attempted murder? It couldn't have been me. It wasn't me. I didn't hurt her that badly. She was fine when I left.

"Get out." An officer said.

I looked up at him. We had pulled into a police station. I slowly got out of the car. He lead me to a room.

I sat down in a metal chair.

"Brown will be in here shortly." He said and closed the door.

I didn't hurt her. She was just faking it. There was no way that attempted murder was even a possibility.

The door opened and a large man walked in. He looked like he was around fifty. He sat down in the chair opposite of me.

"Do you know why you're here?" He asked.

I stayed silent.

"Look kid, I know that you don't want to be here, but we have serious reason to believe that you were the one who beat Liliana Brooks." He said.

I looked at him.

"Now I'm going to ask you a few questions. We can both get outta here if you answer them honestly."

I nodded.

"Do you know Liliana Brooks?"

"Yes." I answered quietly.

"What is your relationship with her?"

"She's my girlfriend, seven months." I said before correcting myself. "Ex girlfriend now."

"You two broke up recently?"

"Today actually."

"So you saw her today?"