Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Ashton what are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"I didn't know who else to come to." He said in a small voice.

"What happened?" I asked letting him in.

"Katie and I got in a fight." He told me. "She said she wanted a boyfriend not a booty call."

So Katie was his girlfriend.

We walked over the the couch and sat down.

"I've been such a good boyfriend to her." He said. "I tell her that I love her and to have a good day and I talk to her all the time." More tears slid down his face.

"Let me go change and then we can talk, okay?" I asked.

"Alright." He said quietly.

***Ashton's POV***

I sat on her couch and waited. It was the first time that I have ever been to Annie's apartment.

I was a total creep and looked up her address in the work files.

It smelled nice in here. It looked nice in here. It was nice in here. It felt like home.

My apartment wasn't like this. Not that it smelled bad and wasn't nice. Just that it wasn't like home. My apartment didn't give me that feeling of knowing that you were exactly where you belonged.

It wasn't long until Annie came back dressed in some sweatpants and shirt that said Dirty Pig on it. I would have to ask her about it later.

It wasn't until then that I looked at Annie. I really looked at her.

Her beautiful face was bruised, her lip busted. She had a light bruise on her neck as well.

I had stopped crying and looked at her seriously.

"Annie what happened?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said quickly.

"Liliana."

"It's nothing I'm fine."

I gave her a stern look.

"Okay fine. I walked to the store down the street and some guy mugged me. It's not a big deal." She said quickly.

"What happened?"

"Well, I started walking and when I got about half way there, some guy asked for my money. I told him no, but he pulled me into an alley and hit me. He choked me until I gave him what I had. I guess I passed out because I woke up on the ground. I may have hit my head because it's hurts. I took some aspirin I think. But now I'm fine." She explained.

"You hit your head?" I asked.

"Yeah. Maybe."

"Come on." I said getting up.

"What where?"

"To the hospital."

"Why?" She said with a panicked look.

"To get you checked out."

"I don't need to go. I'm fine."

"You passed out."

"But I'm fine and I can't afford to go anyways."

"Annie, I will pay for you. Now come on. We're going even if I have to carry you out of here."

She reluctantly walked over to the door and put on a pair of shoes and waited at the door.

"You're not paying for me, but I'll go." She said pouting.