Chapter 62

Chapter 62

It's literally 4:18AM. I'm writing this at 4:18AM because you all make me smile.

***Liliana's POV***

"Thanks for getting the laundry." I told Kyle as he set two baskets down in front of the couch.

"Yeah no prob."

"I'm going to teach you how to properly fold pants. Step one: Shake them out, make sure everything is straight, and put the pockets in. Step two: Fold them in half, hip to hip. Step three: Fold in half twice, longways."

"I understood almost none of the things that left your mouth just then."

"Okay fine. Step one-"

I was cut off by a knock on the door.

"Oh wow. What a shame. Someone's at the door. No time to learn. Guess you'll just have to do my laundry when you get back."

Kyle walked out of the living room and to the front door. As I folded laundry, I heard the door open and close again.

"It's for you." he said as he walked to the kitchen.

"Who is it?"

"Go see."

I stood up and walked to the door. Upon opening it, I saw Ashton.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Baby." his arms wrapped around me tightly. I felt myself being lifted off of the ground. "I'm so glad you're okay. I missed you so much."

"Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"You didn't answer any of my calls or texts or anything." his accent had become thicker.

"Phone was off."

"Your hair looks even better in person."

"Thanks."

He set me down. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah. Go to my room. I'll be right there."

I sighed when I walked back to the living room. "Ky, can you take one of these to my room? I feel like we're going to have a long talk, and I don't want them to wrinkle."

"Do you want the hangers too?"

"Yes please."

I picked up one of the baskets and walked to my room, Kyle following closely behind me. Ashton sat on my bed with a nervous look on his face.

"Thanks." I told Kyle.

"Yep. I'll be in the living room if you need me." he closed my door.

I walked over to my bed and started folding and hanging up clothes.

"So...you wanted to talk." I spoke after a few minutes.

"I'm sorry." Ashton said in a desperate tone.

"It's okay."

"I was just so frustrated because of work and not sleeping very well. I don't know what happened. I really don't. I didn't mean to snap and I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I do talk a lot and ask a lot of questions. I would get annoyed by it too."

"But it doesn't annoy me. I love talking to you. You know that."

"How was Australia?" I changed the subject.

"Work was work. Family was difficult. My grandpa and I actually talked about you."