•106•

Author Note: Not Edited, sorry if there are mistakes. If you see any, just comment if you like and I'll fix them at a later time.

~

The five of us jump off of the top of the wall, flying down towards the buildings. Even though it's been a while, I still remember the way home. I think I'll always remember where it's at, even if Shiganshina is no longer here.

The decrepit city looms around me. I see the remains of a stuffed bear on the side of the street, missing the little girl it used to be held by. There are walls missing from shops I used to go to all the time. Debris of people's homes scattered in the streets.

I stop, staring at the almost unrecognizable city I grew up in. Mikasa and Eren stop as well, taking in the destruction.

"Well," Levi's monotone voice shatters the eerie silence. "Take us to your house."

"Right..." I lift my eyes from the stuffed bear to the street in front of me.

I see it for how it used to look. Eren and I used to run through the streets, admiring all the tents set up with people trying to sell items. There was a lady who had a baby and she would always give me an apple every time she saw me. Now all that remains are empty baskets.

Mikasa comes up beside me and takes my numb hand in hers. I hadn't even realized why I froze, but when I look out across the courtyard, I spot the wooden box Hannes and his comrades would gamble and drink at. That's why...

I see his red face, his sloppy smile, and his blonde hair like he's still there. He's lifting the almost empty bottle of wine up to his lips, waving at us. His clumsy hand points out to the left towards the retreating figure of our mom. Her dark hair neatly brushed in a long tail. It looks like she has stuff for dinner.

The three of us walk after her, even though the image is gone now and we're back in the ghost town. I would give anything to see her again.

I shouldn't wish for that though, because soon enough we're greeted by the collapsed building that used to be my home. A large chunk of the wall sits on top of it.

Mikasa's hand squeezes mine, reminding me that I'm not alone here. Even Eren is looking back at me as he leads the way. We're all reliving that day.

"Is this the place?" Hange asks as we all stop in front of my home.

I pull my hand from Mikasa's and step forward to where mom was trapped under the house. It's like she's there all over again and I'm not able to help her. I can only stare at her as she cries.

"Sophie..." I feel a hand on my shoulder, causing the scene to disappear from my mind and it's replaced with the decaying wood of the house. My mother gone.

"I'm fine," I shake off Levi's touch.

"Luckily for us, the fires burnt out before they got this far," Hange explains.

"Yeah, lucky for us..." I whisper as I watch Eren and Mikasa sort through cracked dishes that we used to eat off of.

A few minutes pass and as I kick over debris, trying to find the cellar entrance, Eren calls us over. It looks like he found it first.

"This is it," he stares up at the captain. "The stairs to the cellar are beneath this door."

"All right," Levi nods.