You have friends, I have cousins

Oliver

I decided to let nature takes its course with Conner. I'm not sure how that helps me, but I figure it will. Then again, monkeys might fly out of my butt.

"Why don't you corner Conner?" Jayden asked me.

"Why don't you cut your hair? It's one of life's mysteries," I said.

Kayden snickered.

"The ladies love my hair," Jayden said, patting the horror on his head.  I get some guys will grow out their hair, but Jayden's head looks like a ball. I wouldn't mind punting it into the sky.

"No girl likes a guy with unruly hair. That's why I keep mine short," Grayson said.

"You look like you got ejected from military school," Jayden said.

Grayson rolled his eyes. "My dad is half Mexican and half Irish. Have you ever seen red curly hair that poofs out? That's what happens to my hair."

"Yeah, but girls dig a ginger," Kayden said.

"A ginger who burns like a mofo. Nash got lucky. He tans. I fry. Who's that running down the street burnt to a crisp?  Oh, it's Grayson," Grayson said, rolling his eyes.

Our conversation went from Conner to hair. Why do I talk to my cousins?  They get me arrested or discuss stupid shit.

While Larry, Moe, and Curly discussed who burns worse in the sun, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I glanced to see Conner standing there, which my cousins ignored.  I'll leave them to discuss the importance of sunblock.

Conner and I walked through campus. "So," Conner said.

"Yeah," I said.

"I thought about what you said."

"I say a lot of things. No one listens, hence why I shake my head."

"No, I mean, we should hang out."

I stopped as Conner stopped. "Say what?"

Conner shifted in his spot. "I thought we could hang out and talk.  That's if you want to hang out and talk."

"Do you want to hang out and talk?"

"I wouldn't be opposed to the idea."

"What would we talk about if we hung out?"

"We could talk about stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

Conner diverted eye contact. "We could talk about books, movies, music, or us." Then he made eye contact with me.

I took a step towards Conner as he stood there. We faced each other as I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. I dropped my books as I placed my hands on his face. Conner dropped his backpack and wrapped his arms around my waist as he kissed me back.

I couldn't explain it, but Conner drew me to him. It takes a lot for me to feel an attraction to someone. But it was easy with Conner.

We broke from our kiss as we smiled at each other.

"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," I said.

"I hope so."  Conner grinned as I gave him a slight nod.

*******
Jayden

Kayden found some girl to talk to as Grayson, and I grabbed a coffee from a local coffee shop. I need some caffeine, stat.

We stood in line, talking and figuring out our selection. When we reached the counter, the barista took Grayson's order. I gave my order, and we waited. A few minutes later, the barista returned with one coffee.