A sweet romance

Nash

Maddie and I hung out with Grayson and Tiff. We played Monopoly since our parents were helping our Nana's Lakin and Mia move. Grayson ordered Chinese food for everyone. Sometimes, it's good to change up your food choices.

The Chinese food arrived, and I grabbed plates and silverware. Everyone dished out food onto their plates.

"I'm so glad we ordered Chinese. Pizza gets boring after a while," Tiff said.

"Everyone orders pizza. Now, if a taco truck drove down the street, I would chase it," Grayson said.

"We need taco trucks like ice cream trucks," I said.

I noticed Maddie took a small amount of food.

"Why are you eating like a bird?" I asked in between bites of food.

"I'm trying to lose weight," Maddie said.

"Why?"

Grayson and Tiff ate while they listened to us.

"Because the doctor recommended weight loss to help with my PCOS."

"What's PCOS?" Grayson asked.

"Polycystic Ovary Syndrome," Maddie said.

Grayson gave his head a slight turn and concentrated like he was in math class. Yeah, math wasn't Grayson's best subject.

"Can you explain what polycystic ovary syndrome is so Grayson's head doesn't explode?" I asked Maddie.

"My ovaries develop cysts which causes an excess of male hormones, weight gain, facial hair, and irregular periods," Maddie said.

Grayson's eyes bulged as I chuckled.

"Does that mean you'll grow a beard?" Grayson asked.

Maddie knitted her brows and looked at Grayson like he's crazy. "No. It means I'll have some facial hair. The doctor put me on birth control to help with my periods and symptoms. He wants me to lose weight to help manage PCOS," Maddie said.

"So, why do people make fun of you?" Tiff asked.

"Most people assume I spend all my time eating. Their comments hurt my feelings," Maddie said, diverting her eyes.

"Those people are idiots," I said while eating.

Maddie's head snapped up.

"They miss out on a terrific person."

Maddie's lips curled into a smile. Since I met Maddie, I smile more. After work, I call her, and we talk until I fall asleep. When we spend time together, nothing else matters.

"So, if you're trying to lose weight, do you want us to help you?" Tiff asked Maddie.

"Oh, I don't want to inconvenience anyone," Maddie said.

"Eh, Nash could stand to lose a few pounds," Grayson said.

"Do you want me to beat your ass?" I asked Grayson.

"It wouldn't be the first time."

Tiff and Maddie giggled. My brother is a glutton for punishment.

"It would be nice to have an exercise partner," Maddie said.

"Consider it done," I said.

Maddie smiled. If my girl needs help, then I'll help her. Plus, we get to spend time together.

******
Jayden

Markus and Hayden cooked dinner, and we invited Leticia and Amie to dinner. Leticia talked to our dads while Kayden coaxed Amie away from him. Yeah, my brother's girl was a little shy.