Freshman year down

Oliver

We finished freshman year in college. What did you learn, boys and girls? Well, we learned the psycho twins' birth parents need a foot up their ass for being assholes. Grammy Maggie wields a mean frying pan. Don Wilson can attest to that fact. Tim Wilson has a permanent residence in a hospital. I fell for a Wilson boy and gave up my bookie ways.

We had lost Grandpa Nash and Uncle Nixon but didn't lose their life lessons. Our house burned down, but the insurance company is repairing it. Grayson does stupid shit that involves the police and lands us in the clink. Our cousins found love with people who complement them. And our fathers survived us.

Yeah, we had an eventful year.

I plopped on the couch, then laid down and fell asleep. I was enjoying a peaceful slumber until someone doused me with ice water. I jolted up as Deacon stood there with an empty bucket.

"What the hell?"

"Oliver, it's the start of summer vacation. Why are you sleeping?"

"Because I had an eventful year and needed a nap."

"Well, get up because a mopey Oliver is a bad Oliver."

"I'm not mopey."

Deacon arched a brow as Conner strolled into the living room and sat down next to me.

"Conner, will you tell Oliver that he's mopey?"

"For one to be mopey, one must suffer from depressed behavior. Oliver doesn't exhibit signs of either."

I glanced at Conner. "I love it when you speak intellectual thoughts."

"Yeah, well, you love many things about me." Conner shrugged.

"Yeah, I do." I grinned, then kissed Conner.

"Blech. No sucking face." Deacon made a gross-out face.

"You're pissy because you're not getting Gia loving," I said.

"My girlfriend is staying a week at her grandma's house. This sucks." Deacon plopped in a chair.

"You'll survive."

Deacon grumbled as we laughed. It seems like old times.

******
Jayden

Freshman year in college brought craziness and love. Kayden and I found girls who complimented us while dealing with our birth parents. We realized what's important and what isn't. It doesn't matter whether you're blood or not. Family comes from the people who loved you when the people who should but didn't.

Markus and Hayden gave us a home with love. They raised us to be respectful, loving adults. Even if we're the psycho twins, the craziness will never leave us but adds to our charm. It makes us unique.

"Man, you need to cut that shit," Kayden told me.

"Nah, the girls dig the fro." I patted my hair.

"Yeah, if it were the seventies, which it's not."

"You're jealous because my girl finds me hotter than your girl finds you."

"Nah, my girl thinks I'm hot. I got swag."

"Will you shut up?" Someone asked.

We turned to see Markus standing in the doorway.

"You don't have swag, Kayden. Jayden, you need a haircut," Markus told us.

"Ah. Not the fro." I covered my head.

"Yes, the fro. It's time for an update," Markus said.

Great. Dad lacks fashion sense and is making me get a haircut. Shoot me now.

We argued, leaving the bathroom. Welcome to our nutty home.

******
Grayson

"When did you think this was a good idea?" Nash asked me.

"Well, I thought it was a good idea until Dad didn't agree." I hung from a flagpole.

Nash stared at me with his hands in his jean pockets. "You're studying to be a lawyer. Dad gets tired of bailing your ass out of the clink."

"The police and I are on friendly terms." I shrugged.

"Day-glo orange washes you out."

"Semantics."

"You're a dipwad."

In case you're wondering, our dad didn't want to spend the summer bailing me out of jail. I have plenty of mugshots to send as Christmas cards this Christmas.

So, he spoke to Mason, who introduced him to Skylar's family. A guy named Drew helped my dad construct a flagpole. And people think I'm crazy because I have red hair. They haven't met crazy until they meet Drew Michels.

I might pass the bar at one point. On the plus side, I'm learning the judges' names. It'll help when I become a lawyer.

******
Tori

Well, I managed to survive my freshman year of college with the Harper cousins. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep them out of the clink. I was busy studying and get my basic classes out of the way.

I checked out my outfit in the mirror as someone knocked on my bedroom door. Elias leaned against the door frame.

"What do you think? Could I pass as a journalist?" I posed in my dress with my converse.

Elias smiled. "You can take the girl out of the tomboy, but you can't take the tomboy out of the girl."

I smiled. Elias strolled into my bedroom and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you, too."

Elias kissed me. Yeah, I survived my freshman year with the Harper cousins and their shenanigans, but I would change a thing. It showed me that life has many twists and turns. I would need it when Elias and I got married after college.

I still have three years to survive. With the Harper family and my family, I'll survive. I hope. We'll see what happens.

Get ready because the final chapter is next with a surprise.