Issues

Tori

While sitting on my bed jotting notes, I lifted my head and glanced around my bedroom. Did you ever get a chill down your back? I shook my head, discarding the feeling. Maybe it's time for a break. I tossed my books aside as my phone buzzed.

I checked my messages and rolled my eyes. My boyfriend is a dork. I sent him a text and tossed my phone on my bed.

Someone knocked on my door as they opened it. "Tori?"

"Yeah?"

My mom came into my room as I sat with my mess of homework.

"Your dad and I are going out. Gabe is with Nate. Will you be okay home alone?"

"Yeah, Elias is heading over after he showers. He's bringing pizza." I grinned as Mom chuckled.

"You and your pizza."

"It's a love affair that dates from the first bite."

Mom shook her head and left. I can't help if I have a relationship with pizza. Elias understands my need for melted cheese, pepperoni, green peppers, and mushrooms.

I looked out of the window, seeing a silhouette. What in the world?  Someone touched my shoulder as I screamed and jumped in my spot. I heard chuckling as I saw Elias standing there.

"Don't do that! You gave me a heart attack." I clenched my tee-shirt as my heart pounded in my chest. Then I noticed no pizza. "I thought you were bringing pizza."

"No, the delivery guy is bringing pizza. I brought myself." Elias grinned.

I rolled my eyes as he sat down on my bed.

"Why are you so jumpy?" Elias asked me.

"It's a mixture of homework, stress, and weirdness."

Elias arched a brow.

"How the hell should I know?" I shrugged.

"I guess Oliver and his family ran into issues with Don Wilson."

"Has Don learned from the many times your dad beat his ass to stay away from your family?"

Elias chuckled. "I guess not. He wasn't counting on Oliver knocking him out with one punch."

I did a double-take.

"Oliver's family on his mom's side don't mess around with people. His uncles hassled Mason when he dated Skylar."

"You have a violent family."

Elias cocked his head as I shrugged.

"Well, it's odd that Oliver has an interest in Conner Wilson."

"Why?"

"Because I've seen the guy date, but nothing long term. He's an enigma."

"Oliver isn't puzzling, and I'm glad you're using your words. You would sound ridiculous as a writer if you didn't."

I smacked Elias with a pillow as he snickered. Meet my boyfriend, the jackass.

The doorbell rang, and I scrambled off my bed as we fought to get out of my room. I shoved Elias and ran downstairs to the front door. I whipped it open as a delivery guy stood there with his head down. Elias strolled over to me and took the box, handing the guy cash.

"Keep the change," Elias said.

"Sure," the guy said in a low voice.

Elias took the box into the living room as the guy turned to leave, then stopped. He lifted his head and glanced at me as my eyes widened. Tim Wilson smirked, then walked away. What the hell?