Well, you're a kind of special

Oliver

Conner left to change his clothes. I came out of my bedroom, coming down the stairs. Dad was sitting at the table, working on something. I want to say it's car-related, but who knows with him.

I strolled over to the table and sat down.

"I saw Conner here. Did you two fight?" Dad asked, screwing in a screw.

"Why does everyone assume people fight when someone leaves? No, he went home to change. The psycho twins sprayed a hose into my room, drenching Conner."

Dad chuckled.

"Where's Mom?"

"Nora and your mom are completing Nora's graphic novel."

"Doesn't it bother you that Mom and your ex are friends?"

Dad glanced at me. "No, should it?"

"Just wondered." I shrugged.

"Oliver, are you okay? You seem moodier than usual."

I glanced at my dad and shook my head. It's not that I don't want to talk to my dad. It's that I can't. He wouldn't understand.

"I'm fine," I said, getting up from the chair and strolling out of the kitchen.

Two words that hold so much meaning. People ask how you are. You answer with I'm okay. Are you okay? I'm fine. Both have the same purpose. Are we ever okay or fine? Do we say it to appease people and keep them from asking a billion questions?  The truth is, no one cares. People ask out of politeness.

I left the house as something smacked me in the back of the head. I rubbed my head and glanced to see a tennis ball on the ground.

"Oops, my bad," a voice said. I knew that voice.

I turned to see Grayson smirking. Why?  He sauntered over to me as I gave him an annoyed look.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why not?" He asked with a shrug.

Did your eye ever twitch because your family drives you up the wall? My eye twitches constantly.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Mom and Dad figured I needed to bond with my cousins since I'm going to school with everyone."

"It's U of M in Dearborn. We're all commuting to school."

"What happened to Saintwood College?" Grayson arched a brow.

Okay, the last thing I need is to attend a school that my family owns. If they find out that I'm a bookie, I won't live to see my next birthday.

"I would rather attend a college where no one knows my mom's family."

Grayson gave me a look that said I'm full of shit.

"Bother, Deacon. I'm busy."

Grayson rolled his eyes as some douche drove down my street, revving his engine. "Sorry about your lack of penis size!"

The car screeched to a stop.

"Ah, hell. Here we go," Grayson said.

A guy got out of his car and walked towards me. "What did you say, needle dick?"

"I said you lack dick size."

"Do You want to repeat yourself?"

"Let me rephrase my last statement. You lack in sick size because you rev your engine to overcompensate for a small dick. Did you understand me this time?"