Your cousins have nothing on my cousins

Oliver

Most people have cousins who cause them grief. I have cousins who throw you under the bus and get you arrested. You would think stripes or orange would look good on us. Neither one does.

Why? Well, it started with a piece of fruit, a horse, and the football team. Now, I know what your thinking. Where did we find a horse? Did I mention we're sitting in a jail cell as our fathers stood on the other side? Now imagine all the cousins sitting in the jail cell. Yeah, we were all sitting on a bench together.

"Walk us through how you landed in jail because I'm curious," Matt said. "Who thought this idea was good?"

We pointed at Grayson. Did you think Grayson didn't start this bullshit?

Grayson rolled his eyes. "In my defense."

"You don't have a defense. You lost your defense when you stole a horse!" Casey said.

"Well, I had help," Grayson said.

"Who helped?" Dad asked.

Grayson pointed at Elias, Nate, and Deacon. Have you ever seen a vein bulge in Matt's forehead? It's not pretty, but hilarious.

Matt placed his hand over his face. "Why?"

"It started with a piece of fruit," Elias said.

"It's not our fault Deacon sucks at the catch," Nate said.

"I was wide open. You hit the quarterback in the head," Deacon said.

"Oh, this gets better and better," Matt said.

"We were innocent bystanders," Jayden said.

"Bullshit! You threw our asses under the bus with the football team!" Nate told Jayden.

"Well, you did beam the other football players with the fruit," Kayden said.

"Because I was trying to fend them off," Nate said.

"Leave it to our boys to throw their stupid asses under the bus," Markus said.

"Will someone explain what happened?" Matt asked.

I shook my head, stood up, and strolled over to the bars. "Fine, I'll tell you what happened."

My cousins groaned as I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I started explaining to our dads what happened that landed our asses in the clink.

Earlier in the day

I strolled out of class and met the psycho twins. "We have a slight issue," Jayden said.

I arched a brow.

*****
I stood at the football field with the psycho twins as Grayson trotted around the field on a horse.

"Where did dipshit get a horse?" I asked.

"Do you want to know?" Kayden asked me.

I shifted my eyes to Kayden as Jayden shook his head.

"Grayson! What the hell are you doing?" Nash asked,

"I'm playing the Lone Ranger! Hi-yo, Silver!" Grayson said.

"Get off the damn horse!"

"Why? I love the freedom of bareback with the wind whipping through my hair!"

Nash entered the field as I called Owen.

What's up?

"We have a slight issue."