Three years later

Tori

"Tori! We'll be late!" Dad said.

I finished pinning my cap to my hair and pulled on my converse. I ran downstairs and past my parents as my gown flapped. My parents and Gabe followed me. We got into the car and left for graduation.

I couldn't believe it's been three years since we finished freshman year in college. Life got crazy. The Harper boys and cousins settled down with someone.

Nash is attending medical school. He still has four and a half years to go until he graduates. Grayson has four years and knows the police department well.

Oliver became an official minister and will reopen Gray Chapel. Kain is signing over the chapel to Oliver after graduation. Conner earned a degree in child psychology to help children with childhood trauma. They moved in together after Oliver proposed.

One psycho twin earned his degree. Kayden will become a social worker helping place foster kids in decent homes. Jayden still has a few years before earning a degree in psychology and will continue his education, earning a master's. It's fitting they chose to help people since their run-ins with their birth parents. Both proposed to their girls.

Elias and Owen finished renovating Gabe's restaurant. The restaurant opened last year to smashing success. The name helped which Gabe took Nate's advice. Gabe named the restaurant The Gray Brother's Eatery. Gabe wanted a different atmosphere than the previous restaurant where he worked. He kept the menu more homey and inclusive, offering a selection for everyone. The food is fantastic.

Nate proposed, and Gabe accepted. Nate still works at the auto shop with Matt, but they took classes to keep up with the current vehicles.

Deacon was going to propose to Gia, but she beat him to the punch. Who says a guy is the only one to propose? Sometimes, a girl can take the bull by the horns and make the first move.

We arrived at the outdoor venue. I got out of the car to see Elias waiting for me. A smile formed on my face as I made my way to him. He held out his hand, and I slid my hand into his. We walked towards the folding chairs. Deacon ran towards Oliver and Kayden as Gia followed him. Elias kissed me. Then I made my way to the others.

We sat down in our seats while the others found their seats. Maddie and Amie joined us.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to commencements. As the Dean of students, it's my esteem honor to host the graduation class. Our current graduation class has created a journey in many fields ranging from journalism, ministry, law enforcement, medical, social work, and many more. We hope that when they leave here, they realize their journey hasn't ended but has begun. Without further ado, please welcome our guest speaker, Payton Gray," the Dean said.

We clapped. Payton stepped behind the podium, dressed in a cap and gown.

"Thank you, Dean Winthrop. Ladies, gentlemen, and current graduation class, it's my esteem honor to speak to you today. College offers opportunities and life experiences. It gives us a chance to discover our potential. College did for me and many others. As you leave college and continue your journey, remember that you never stop learning."

I sat in my seat as Payton spoke. I never thought I would attend college, but someone believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. I glanced at Elias, who smiled. Sometimes, we need the right people to help us see our true potential.

After Payton's speech, the Dean announced our names and our degrees. I earned a Bachelor's degree in journalism. During my summers from school, I had interned at the paper learning from Payton Gray. Payton's brother, Pat, was happy to learn I followed my dream. I had a great support system.

After collecting our fake paper, we exited the stage. The college will mail our degrees to us later. I stepped off the bottom step and smiled, walking back to my seat. Yeah, I'm a college graduate who manages not to get knocked up.

******
Once the ceremony was over, we went home. I wanted to change out of my tent. After changing, I came downstairs to find everyone at my house.

"Don't you have homes?" I asked.

The Harper boys and cousins rolled their eyes. I laughed and joined them.

"Life will get crazy now," Deacon said.

"What are you babbling about now?" Nate asked.

"Did you forget our mother is itching to plan our weddings?"

"Well, shit. I forgot our mothers would get crazy."

"Shouldn't they give us a chance to get settled in with our careers?" Gia asked.

Someone knocked on the front door. Mom ran to the front door and opened it. Screams erupted as we all turned to see our mothers at the front door, along with Markus.

"How the hell did I get dragged in wedding planning?" Markus asked.

"Well, you owe me for your stunt at Paxton's wedding," Nora said.

"Fine." Markus groaned.

Do I want to know what happened at Paxton Gray's wedding? I shook my head.

Our parents went into full wedding mode as Elias, and I glanced at each other. Well, our mothers promised not to hassle us about wedding details until I graduate.

Four years is long enough to wait. Let the wedding planning begin.

"Tori?" Mom asked.

"Yeah?"

"What's this?" Mom held up a pregnancy test.

My eyes widened as my jaw dropped. Elias arched a brow.

"Are you pregnant?"

Everyone stared at me, including our parents and Elias. I pulled my lips inward as everyone waited.

"Well...."

Well, is Tori expecting, or is someone else expecting? You'll have to wait and find out because another book is coming called The Harper Weddings.

The Harper brothers and cousins will return in another book. Expect chaos and humor because if you thought The Gray Brothers Wedding was crazy, you haven't seen anything yet. Especially with a particular cousin officiating the weddings.

See you in the next book

Angel