Appearances

Jayden

My anger ripped as my dads tried to calm me, but it wasn't happening. They called in reinforcements as I trashed my bedroom. Grandpa and Uncle Michael showed up to restrain me. I fought, but they held onto me. The more I fought, the tighter they held until I broke down and cried.

"Shh," Grandpa said as I cried. "We got you."

"It's not fair," I said while crying.

"I know, bud."

I grew up in a family that accepted you. It pissed me off when I encountered someone who didn't.

"Jayden, listen to me," Michael said.

I looked at Michael with furrowed brows.

"Your dads, grandparents, brother, cousins, and we love you. It doesn't matter about your skin color. You're family. When your dads brought you and your brother home, you became family," Michael said.

I nodded as Grandpa released me, then threw his arms around me and hugged me. I chuckled. Grandpa loves to hug us.

"Where's my bubby?" Nana asked.

Ah, hell. Crazy has arrived.

Nana marched into my bedroom and pushed Grandpa aside. She pulled me into a hug. Imagine a five-foot-four woman comforting a six-foot-one guy. I had to squat for her.

Nana rubbed the back of my head. "Shh, Nana's here."

"Lark, we're handling the situation," Grandpa said.

Nana shot grandpa a look. "Sure, if you considered a trashed room handling the situation."

"That happened before we arrived."

"It should have never happened. You're getting slow, old man."

Nana wrapped her arm around my neck as I stared at her while she argued with Grandpa. My arms flailed while Nana held me with one arm.

"Nana, can you release me?" I asked.

Nana moved her arm as I stood. For a petite woman, she has a death grip. I rubbed the back of my neck since I'm sure Nana gave me an Indian burn.

"Now, bubby, you listen to me. No tool is worth space in your head or heart."

"Nana, the tool said he should have killed me."

"Well, he's a tool and deserves to drop the soap in prison."

My brows lifted as my eyes widened.

"We'll talk more while we eat. Markus, when's lunch?"

"Give me a few minutes since I wasn't expecting you."

"Excuse me?" Nana arched a brow.

"Son, never tell your mother you're not expecting her or run."

Dad sighed and headed to the kitchen to make lunch. My family is on a trip. Nana loves to eat. Grandpa argues. Dad opens his mouth and inserts his foot. My other dad laughs because he enjoys the show.

Nana dragged me out of the bedroom as Grandpa followed. As for the mess, I'll clean it up. Yeah, I'm angry, but it's no excuse to trash my room. Our dads made sure we understood the consequences of our actions.

******
Grayson

I strolled into the house while Nash was changing a light fixture.

"Where did you disappear?" He asked me.

"I visited Oliver, then stopped by to see Tiff. Where's Mom and Dad?"

"Well, Mom dragged Dad to the store. Dad groaned because he hates shopping with Mom."