Who's That Man?

Who's That Man?

Lowe and behold, your phone rang with no sign of Majima. So you quickly answered it.

"Y/N?" Takeshi asked. "Are you okay?"

"Takeshi! I have so much to tell you."

"Where are you? It sounds busy."

"I'm in a restaurant. After dinner I was walking home through to the alleyway and I saw a man beating another man." You began talking in a hurry.

"Okay..." Takeshi slowly encouraged.

"And he threatened me. Saying I had to meet him today so I didn't tell the police."

"Where are you now?"

Just as you went to answer you looked up and saw Majima stood at the front of the table with a flat look on his face. He was wearing...a snakeskin jacket with no shirt, black trousers and black shoes? You were confused. Was he wearing that yesterday? You didn't remember because of how overwhelming yesterday was.

"Y/N? Y/N! Hello? Are you there? Y/N!!" Takeshi's voice slowly fizzled into the background and you hung up the phone, you'd email him later.

"Yer lookin' nice!" He clapped before sitting down.

When you didn't say anything, his face morphed into a frown.

"What? Ain't I lookin' nice?"

"N-no. Not really." You looked down at your hands, waiting for him to shout.

"See! Honesty. I like that! Ya ain't drunk no wine?"

"I-I was waiting f-for you."

"Yer a quiverin' mess." Majima reached over And pulled the bottle out of the bucket with a napkin around its neck. Pulling the cork, popping it and pouring it into your glass. "Cheers!"

"No, wait!" You stopped, holding your glass down against the table. "Why did you call me here?"

"Good question. I wanted to go over a few things with ya. What yer job is, ya know?" He sat back in his chair.

Your silence prompted him to continue.

"I'm a busy man with almost no organisation." He admitted. "Havin' a secretary makes it so much easier. They'll organise my whole life for me." Majima then lazed all the way back.

"Y-you're awfully lazy."

"I am."

But in your mind you pondered amidst the business meeting. What on earth had happened to this man's eye for him to loose it and wear a patch? Who did that nowadays. Offending him was the last thing you wanted to do, you didn't want to end up like a limp body in an alleyway. The one you saw last night. Nonetheless, you mustered enough courage to ask.

"W-what happened to your eye?" You quietly asked.

Then he looked at you. His once jovial face flattening into a simple somber frown. His lips overlapping, showing his perfectly perched Cupid's bow. The chain around his neck glimmered with the natural light coming from the window behind you. You could see every detail on his body. The peaking of his tattoos, the beauty spot on his neck, everything.