A Man Named Goro

A Man Named Goro

There's normally 2 sides to every coin. 50/50. 1/1. Two equal chances and two equal opportunities to land the coin on either side. You could apply this to people. People have 2 faces. The one they show the world, the one they show themselves. It's rare when you see both. Interpersonal relationships are a good gateway.

Oddly, his office was underground. Beneath West Park, in what looked like an underground brothel. You were amazed that an entire city was laying down beneath the city above. Women were in what looked like cages, calling out to various young men that could afford their way down here. As you walked behind the tall man, the men ogling the women turned to stare at you.

And at the end of the red silken road lay two double doors which the man pushed. Revealing a large fish tank, blue marble floor, white pillars, blue lights. It was a HUGE office. With a solo desk in the middle.

"Life's busy nowadays. I ain't keepin' up. I need a secretary who's gonna handle it for me." He sighed, leaning against his desk and now facing you. Only now did you see his face.

Who wore an eyepatch over their eye nowadays?

But above that his face was unlike one you'd seen. His nose was humanly imperfect, his jaw was sculpted and his top lip hung right over his bottom. They were plump. He was so good looking. With a perfect beard, the one you liked and a hooded eye with a hint of mystery.

You were shocked. "What did that man do to you?"

"My names Goro Majima. I'm the owner of Majima Construction."

You frowned. "You're b-building...Kamurocho Hills?"

"Smart girl." He grinned. "I am."

You sat down on the floor, on your legs in complete shock as they gave away their dead weight. "T-this is so sudden."

Majima leant over his desk and opened a drawer, pulling a stack of money. And another one. And another one. 3 stacks in total.

"I am gonna pay ya. What kinda fuckwit would expect ya to leave yer job and not pay ya for it?" He shrugged. "I ain't stupid."

"I'm- Not sure." You admitted. "C-can I think about it?" You asked sweetly with innocent eyes. It was evident you were flustered and confused.

Majima knelt down. "No." He smiled genuinely. Admiring your innocence.

"Why?" You began to cry.

"You saw me beatin' the shit outta another guy in an alleyway." His hand slithered to his pocket. "Here's my number." He handed you a card with his company logo.

Goro Majima
Chairman of Majima Construction & Patriarch of the Majima Family.
(XXX)-XXX-XXXX.

Your eyes widened. "P-patriarch?"

"Details. Don't worry. Take some rest, yeah? It's a lot. I've given ya my offer, come back to me when yer ready to start." He held your hand gently.

"W-who are you?"

"A man. That needs a secretary."

And when you got to your little apartment that night, you held the card in your hand. The money, was amazing. But you felt physically sick at being coerced into taking the offer. It was also better than working at the bikini bar where customers could be horrible to you.

In the early hours of the morning, you went out whilst wrapped up in your coat and made your way to a payphone. You were too scared to use your own phone for some reason. Depositing coins, you dialled his number.

It was naive of you to assume he'd answer so early in the morning.

"Hello?" His familiar deep voice spoke.

Maybe not so naive.

"H-hi. I-I-is this P-patriarch Majima?" You asked in a squeak.

"Y-y-yea-yes." He mocked whilst laughing gently.

"I-I'll take the job."

"Good girl." He praised. He praised you. He praised you for a decision he almost forced you to make.

Welcome to the psychology of Goro Majima. Whereby he'll coerce someone to make a decision and praise them for the decision they make even though it's the decision he wanted them to make. He'll give you credit for the smart idea when he'd planted the idea in your head all along. He was a firm believer in ensuring that his underlings made the choices he wanted whilst ensuring they felt like they'd made the decision themselves. He was a model manager, a model patriarch, a strong man.

"Hey..." He asked and trailed off. "Ain't it 3:30am?"

"Y-yes."

"Get yerself sleepin'. Come see me at the Nobu restaurant right outside the milennium tower. Lunch time."

"Huh?" You widened your eyes. Was this a date?

"I'm treatin' ya to lunch." He explained. "Sleep well."

He hung up and you hung up also. You were so tired and overwhelmed that you trudged back to your apartment and showered quickly before heading to bed.

And when you woke up you rolled out of your futon and thumped onto the wooden floor. Groaning gently, trudging through the messy hair and quilt.

"SHIT!" Your shot straight up and checked your bedside clock. "I'm late!"

Commenced a series of rush. You rushed to brush your teeth, wash your face, take a shower, wash your hair, shave your legs & arms & armpits, dry your hair, moisturise your body, put your make up on, find an outfit.

By the time you were ready you were sweating and needed to reapply deodorant. But, you looked cute. Wearing a black mini skirt, a white office shirt and black heels. It was a new corporate job.

The restaurant was extremely elaborate and very fancy. You gave your name and when no booking was found you gave his name. Instantly a booking was found and you were taken to a table tucked away by the window with a bucket of expensive wine waiting. He certainly didn't mind splashing.

Removing your jacket you let the waiter take it before realising.

"Shit." You whispered. "I forgot to put my bra on." You muttered and inwardly groaned.