Envy

Envy

It's enough to make or break someone. You can become so envious of something/someone that you forget how to live in your own existence. The richest of people feel envy. Wanting more. Needing more. It's an emotion that can truly haunt you if you're not careful. You've felt envy before, envy of those mothers who'd managed to hold their babies in their arms and holding their babies hands. Majima had also felt envy before. Envy of the patriarchs that he'd seen in gang wars, envy of Kiryu for having a beautiful girlfriend, envy of families.

So, it's all around us in the grand scheme of things. At this current moment in time, Majima felt envy of Takeshi. For having you as his girlfriend. Majima, though it might seem rushed, wanted got as his own girlfriend. But if you were happy then so be it. Right?

Wrong. Majima wasn't happy. He knew you'd be happier with him. He was going out of his way to make sure you legally got Nami back. So? Who was the better contender?

It was hard for Majima to stop paying attention. So he did what he did best, he indulged completely in your affections. Well & truly. Engulfing himself in your aura and your habitat whilst immersing himself fully in your presence. Whenever you leant over him, he'd engulf himself in your perfume. When you dropped off documents, he watched you in awe. He was slowly but surely...falling in love.

So one night, Majima took it on himself to take you out. To treat you for all your hardworking attributes. He'd take you out to the casino, where you'd both be able to let loose. Bet on a few games, drink something, eat something. You wore a nice outfit, he wore a suit and you both went in together.

You weren't sure, admittedly. But he assured you that you had the night off. And that your work devices were left at work. You only had your normal phone and yourself.

Linking arms with Goro meant you got some mystical magic service. You skipped queues, were treated like royalty and were now drinking expensive drinks sitting by a roulette table. You understood the concept of chips, you understood that the ball had to land on a colour for you to win and you understood you needed to make a bet.

He was oddly very lucky when it comes to things like this. And you soon realised in amidst the busy casino environment, that this was all just chump change to a man like Goro Majima.

"Where should I bet next?" Majima sat back and pondered.

You were sat next to him, subconsciously leaning over his lap with your hand on his leg trying to look at the wheel.

"7 Red." You smiled at him.

And when it landed on 7 red you cheered wildly, jumping into Majima's arms and celebrating. So, using this opportunity, he wrapped his arms around you. Holding you whilst the dealer pushed the mountain of falling chips toward you both.

"You've got a real good luck charm on ya shoulder, fella." A man spoke sitting next to you both.

You both looked over with a frown and Majima scowled.

"Oh ho! Take it easy. I ain't gonna make no moves!" The man held his hands up. "But we all aren't as lucky." He grinned and walked off.

Majima frowned again, holding you gently whilst you both watched the man disappear. "What an unusual man..." you mumbled, forgetting you were still in Majima's hold. It felt nice...

But the attention you were getting from the entire table was causing you anxiety. You were feeling extremely awkward and wanted to be engulfed by the entire crowd. Rich people didn't feel like this, surely. But you weren't rich. You just worked for a rich person. And he handled it well.

Onto the next game! Or so you thought. The entire night, Majima held you very close from the prying eyes of other fellow rich folk. You could see someone making a move and whilst you stood beside Majima at another table, you felt someone press up behind you.

"I've seen you all evening." They whispered. You turned around to see the architect.

"Oh!" You turned around to face him. "Nice to see you here."

"You too." He smiled. This time wearing a simple white shirt with black trousers and black shoes. "Are you betting on anything?"

"M-me? No." You shook your head.

"Ok. Let me get you a drink then?"

"A-a d-drink?"

"Yes. Please?"

You looked over at Majima who was preoccupied. "Okay."

Led to the bar by the Architect, you smiled as he got you a very expensive cocktail. He then began talking to you about yourself a bit more and you finally saw him loosen up as well.

"I was born in a small town England called Surrey."

"Wow. In England? I've never been before. I've heard it's beautiful."

"Much nicer in Japan. I'm glad I'm here." He smirked.

"When do you fly back?"

"Not till the Kamurocho Hills is constructed. I'll need to make sure it's approved before I sign my name off to it and leave."

Meanwhile, Majima had lost you and was pleasantly surprised. It was unusual for someone like you to go wandering in what looked like a casino. His eye farted everywhere as he unbuttoned the first few of his shirt. It was suddenly hot and he was confused. Of course, nothing had happened to you. Right?

Right. You were still enjoying your conversation with the Architect which was slowly drawing to a close because you were ready to go. You couldn't see Majima anywhere and had called Takeshi to come and pick you up.

But Majima was now slowly worrying. What if someone had taken you? In his effort to calm down, he went outside and smoked. It was dark now and the city was well lit so he got a nice view. He was so distracted that he didn't see a car pulling up and he didn't see someone get out of it.

"B-boss?" A voice asked.

Majima turned to the voice and saw his most recent underling. Takeshi Yanamura. Who was put to work in the file & rank type of class.

Takeshi bowed, his short hair slicked back into a small ponytail revealing his face. He had a lovely natural tan and pearly white teeth which were imperfectly perfect. He always smiled with one side of his mouth.

"Takeshi?" Majima asked. "Whaddya doin' here?"

"I was picking up my girlfriend, sir." Takeshi spoke, still bowed.

"Stand up, kid." Majima instructed and continued to smoke.

"T-thank you, sir!"

"What's her name?"

"Y/N." Takeshi smiled.

Majima froze and turned to Takeshi. "What?" His face morphed into a deadpan stare with a hollow behind the eyes.

"Y/N is her name."