The Smell of Fear

The Smell of Fear

It's a severely distressing seeing a loved one in a predicament like the one you had gotten yourself in.

Majima looked at the man holding you down who was now in turn quivering. He didn't expect Majima to be here so quickly. But that was the benefit of being so important.

Never being one to carry guns, Majima made an exception today due to a lingering sixth sense of danger that hung on his back. What a happy accident. Drawing his 9mm pistol from the back of his belt, Majima shot the man in his chest twice. Refusing to aim for the head due to the deep set feeling of a shake.

Needless to say that the rest of the day was a right off for you both. You felt confused and Majima felt angry, wanting to know exactly who the man was. Nonetheless you both spent the day trying to calm each other down. You weren't going to pinpoint him for what had happened because it wasn't his fault even though that was the easiest thing to do. And he wasn't going to shout at you for not defending yourself because nobody should want to try and kill someone innocent.

Mental exhaustion is harder to deal with, more so than physical. The conversation that night was a difficult one.

"Who was he?" Majima asked Nishida, who was sat on the sofa parallel to you, while remaining stood up.

"I can't seem to trace him, sir." Nishida shook his head. "He's not someone from our known sources."

"But somehow he wanted the price that Kamurocho Hills is gonna sell for?" Majima pondered very intensely. "So it's gonna be someone who knows it for sale."

"W-w-what do you mean?" You asked.

"I've been meetin' buyers for a few days." Majima looked at you. "It's gonna be one of 'em fuckers who's gone an' tried to take the contract."

"B-but why?"

"So that it looks unstable, unsafe an' unprofessional. That way the price goes down."

It did make sense. Though it was a reach, it made perfect sense.

"An with a bad rep I'm gonna wanna sell it as quick as I can. So I'll accept a shit bid."

"Well...w-will you?"

"No." Majima reassured. "I'll be makin' my millions. It's bein' sold to the right party. Regardless of what anyone says."

"B-but you need to get rid of the problem."

"What?" Majima asked you.

"It'll keep happening and eventually they'll succeed." You explained. "You need to nip it."

"My name does mean somethin' out here, Y/N."

"Does it?" You grew angry. "B-b-because only hours ago did someone try and assault me whilst I'm working for your company!" You ended with a shout and left the room.

It had overwhelmed you feeling incredibly small. Normally you did everything you could to protect yourself. Somehow you'd faulted up. Because you thought the man who'd laid you to bed, would be the same to protect you. And he did. He just let you get the taste of fear first.

As you laid to rest that night you found yourself gods & turn with the ever growing fear that something might happen to Nami. But for every inch of doubt, there was a metre of reassurance.

Majima knew how you were feeling. So he sat down next to you, watching you lay in bed quietly.

"It weren't my intention to make ya feel that way. Or for this to happen." Majima reassured quietly while looking at his hands.

You rolled over and looked at him.

"But I will find who's done it. An' they won't be walkin' this earth for much longer. I promise ya." A deep sigh came within his chest.

"It's j-j-j-just to make sure t-that it doesn't h-h-happen again." You explained.

"I know. Yer thinkin' of my best interest. But I also gotta think of yers too."

"Is that w-why you had sex with someone else right after me?"

Majima scratched the back of his head. "That was supposed to be a meetin'. But her intention was different..."

"So why didn't you stop that?" You raised en eyebrow.

"Cause she's my accountant." Majima shrugged. "It was a mistake. An' it was rude to do that while you were here. I'm sorry."

"It's a purely professional relationship." You stated. "You don't need to apologise to me."

"What?"

"We aren't dating. A-a-and we a-a-aren't married." You peacefully explained. "You c-c-can do what you want."

"Maybe I don't wanna do what I want."

You frowned. "What?"

Majima stood up and patted you on the head before leaving you and the room in confusion.

The next day you finally continued with the planning of Majima's visit to Spain. Just then, your phone rang. Right on queue. As per, you were liaising with the main man's 2nd in command. It was a man named Andreas. Who's voice was well rounded and smooth. Deep but not as deep as some. The common ground between you both was English. And yours wasn't bad but it was slow.

"Y/N? It's Andreas." He spoke in his English laden thick with its London accent. Andreas was born in Colombia but moved to London at a young age.

"Hello Andreas. How can I help?"

"My Boss was wondering whether you and Mr.Majima would like to stay in his guest house? It's a short walk from my Boss' house?"

While you wanted to jump at the offer, you pulled yourself back.

"No, thank you. I have found a hotel for us."

"Are you sure? My Boss just thought it saves the money.."

"The money isn't the issue, Andreas. It's the safety of my boss. I look forward to meeting you in person soon."

"Yeah, likewise." Andreas laughed. "Please let me know when you land, we'll arrange transport. It's the least we can do for you both."

"Sure. If you say so."

That was one thing less you needed to do.