Rock 'n Rolla

Rock 'n Rolla

It must've been important if Kiryu has asked Majima to clear his schedule. Amongst the other things floating in the air, like Nami & finding a suitable apartment, this somehow took the lead. Only right now that is.

"M-Majima?" You asked, slowly opening his office door to see him reading some papers.

"Yeah?" He put everything down and looked right at you. Takeo also ran up to you and you pet him.

"The Chairman has asked that you meet him tomorrow." You explained. "I told him you have things booked but he insisted I clear the schedule. It's i-i-i-important he says."

"Must be if he's asked for that." Majima pondered. "Wonder what it is." He then stood up and decided to pace around as you shut the door behind you. Stepping into his chaos. Takeo followed his pace gently.

"We aren't behind on a-a-anything."

"No, we ain't. So it ain't that." Majima shrugged. "I'll find out tomorrow."

The meeting the next day was held at a restaurant which Kiryu had a hand in starting. They often catered to the chairman's need and provided him with the quietest, most private room for his affairs. More often than not, his entire personal entourage got the same treatment.

Despite Kiryu being younger, Majima still showed him the appropriate respect and bowed to his chairman and sat on his legs for his chairman.

"Majima-no-Nissan." Kiryu gently sat down, also on his legs. "Thank you for clearing your schedule. Your secretary seemed nervous."

"She was confused." Majima explained.

"As she would be." Kiryu laughed which was rare. "Please eat with me."

"What do I owe this meal to, chairman?"

"Please forget formalities. There's nobody here apart from me and you." Kiryu advised whilst pouring Majima some sake with both of his hands. Unknowingly showing off his watch and pinky ring.

"What's goin' on, Kiryu-chan?"

"I'm having a bit of trouble lately." Kiryu confided. Which was rare because the Chairman should have no trouble at all. For he's the chairman. And now he'd taken the time to share the trouble with Majima. Which meant Majima had to fix something.

"Like what?"

"There's a lot of small families amongst the big ones in the Tojo. I've never been more proud to have their support." Kiryu explained. "But, these families don't have the calibre to deal with big issues. They try, sometimes they succeed. Most of the time, they fail."

Majima listened, refusing to drink the sake in front of him. Mainly to ensure his head was completely clear to what he was listening too.

"Do you know anything about rock 'n roll, Majima-no-Nissan?" Kiryu asked.

"Ain't gotta clue."

"Well, there's a rocker who goes by the name of Johnny. His actual name is Junichi."

"Ain't he been toppin' the charts lately?" Majima asked having heard the music but not seen any photos.

"He has." Kiryu put a newspaper in front of Majima on the table with an article. No pictures. "He's been topping the charts lately because he recently died due to a drug overdose."

"LOCAL ROCKSTAR JOHNNY HAS BEEN FOUND DEAD IN AN APARTMENT IN SHINJUKU AFTER BEING AWAY FROM THE LIMELIGHT FOR OVER A YEAR."

"Right."