A Porsche?

A Porsche?

"I see." Majima listened carefully. "Has he tried callin' ya?"

"No." You shook your head. "For the better."

Majima jumped up and clapped his hands. "Now, enough of that!" He scolded. "Let's focus on other things."

"L-l-like what?" You asked curiously.

"Gettin' ya foot better. I'm half a man when my assistant ain't there." He disappeared and came back with a bag of ice, resting it on your ankle.

This forced period of rest was important to you. You soaked in your new surrounding and your newfound relationship with your boss. Your boss. You watched him do domesticated things like wash up, clean counter tops. He was incredibly comfortable around you. But what struck you most was his attention to your care. He changed your ice bag every hour after turning it every 30 minutes. Stopped you from getting up, brought everything you need to where you were sat on the sofa.

"Can I ask you a question?" You asked as he sat by your feet.

"Sure. As long as it ain't too complicated."

"D-d-do you like me?"

Majima turned to you. "Like ya?"

"Yeah..." you intrigued.

"In what way?"

"D-do you want to be with m-me?"

Majima's face fell flat from its emotion. "What, like a boyfriend?"

"Y-yeah."

Majima's face stayed flat and he then burst out onto laughter. "Them pain meds are gettin' to ya. Come on." He rebuffed you very indirectly.

You laughed nervously. "Yeah, maybe."

It's important to break down how you felt. You thought in all honesty that he might've liked you back. Because yeah, you obviously liked him. For the way he paid extra care towards you and your ailments. He took you straight in when you felt turned away by every door. He was also incredibly devoted to your care. But was he just being polite? You dismissed the feelings aside very quickly. It was a professional relationship and that was all.

Within days you were back on your feet and wearing flat shoes to attend meetings. It was so incredibly difficult to walk but Majima made it easier. He forced you to link arms with him and you both walked into the meeting together.

"Where have you been, Majima-san? You had to reschedule our meeting so suddenly."

"Y/N sprained her ankle." Majima sat down in his seat after placing you down.

"But you could've attended these meetings nonetheless."

Majima unbuttoned his suit jacket and looked straight at the man in the face. "But I didn't. An' I didn't realise I was gonna be attendin' a meetin' with my daddy tellin' me off."

The man adjusted in his seat uncomfortably. "I-I'm sorry, sir."

"Now get on with it. I ain't got all day." Majima demanded.

After the meeting was done you felt hungry and thankfully this was it for the day. So as you both exited the meeting room, you turned to him.

"Do you still want me here?" You asked gently.

Majima frowned. "Huh? Whaddya mean?"

"Well, I wanted to go and get something to eat."

"Eat? Whaddya want? Should be go to Nobu?"

"No. I just want gyoza." You admitted, I was going to take a train and walk through Minato to see what I could find."

Majima frowned. "Yer gonna walk?"

"Well I don't have a car." You raised an eyebrow.

Majima dug his hand in his pocket and handed you a key. A car key to a very expensive car. A Porsche. Something you'd seen in those J-dramas and western programs. Rich people drove these. But Majima was a rich man.

"Ya do now. Take mine."

You looked at the key. "A-a-a Porsche?"

"Yeah?" Majima asked.

"Uhh. I can't drive this."

"Why not? Ya can't drive?"

"I-I-I can. But t-this is expensive."

"Ok and?" Majima raised an eyebrow. "I'd rather ya drive than walk. It'll be easier on yer ankle. It's an automatic."

"C-c-can you come with me?" You asked quietly.

"Huh? What? Why?"

"Because I-I d-d-don't wanna crash your car."

"Ya won't. If ya do, it's no big deal." Majima assured. "Go on."

So you went to the underground car park of the office building, searching for the Porsche car. There was only 1 in the entire car park of common cars. It was black with black rims and yellow brake callipers. You went to unlock the car and it was the right one. The lights flashed to confirm so.

"Ok, Y/N. Get your shit together." You said to yourself while throwing your bag on the passenger seat and sitting in the drivers seat. It was so incredibly different to anything you'd driven before. It was expensive and almost like a toy.

When you put your key in the ignition everything turned one. The hud display, the headlights. Everything. And the engine rumbled incredibly deeply amongst the pillared car park.

"Oh my god." You whined. "What the fuck am I doing?" You groaned. "Right. Shut the fuck up, get on with it."

Familiarising yourself with your new surroundings took time. You found your gear, your handbrake, the indicators. Adjusting your rear view mirror. Everything. Everything worked perfectly. It was a new car. Brand new. Out of the dealership just under a week ago.

You slipped your yellow seat belt on, which matched the brake callipers, and put the car in drive with your foot down on the clutch. Your foot shifted to accelerate which you pressed down on like it was hot. Slowly did it.

The car moved and you could feel it's power. So getting out of the car park was easy, merging into the main traffic of Akihabara. You felt your breath catch in your throat every time you went to accelerate because it roared like a lion in comparison to the usually quiet and low rumble of usual cars.

So focused on driving that you barely noticed the attention you were getting. Normally when you drove you were relaxed but driving through Tokyo in a car as expensive as this made you sit rigid. You were upright, gripping the wheel at 10 and 2, looking around frantically.